Chapter - 4-5

( CHAPTER 4 )

"Ugh..."
An unfamiliar pain coursed through me even when experiencing it a hundred times.
I turned my head to the left and chewed my lips. My right arm was stiff.

"Shh, relax. It doesn't bleed."

I slowly loosened up at his words. The pain came to a deeper level. Even though I was sweating a lot, he was not letting go of his hand holding the syringe which was filled with blue liquid. It was the blood of an ancient monster, Gorgon. I was pulled out of Medusa's head, but I didn't have the full power when I was a child. The force came out irregularly, and I couldn't control it. For that reason, my father administered me the blood of Gorgon, a member of Medusa's blood family. 

“Since it’s the blood of your ancestors, it would be okay to accept it, and you’ll become stronger.”

As a result, his words were correct. After decades of administering Gorgon's blood, I became strong. But the pain in the process did not weaken.

"Sigh… ….”

As he reaped the syringe, I dropped my head. 

Tuk, Tuk.

I breathed out while wiping away the falling sweat.

“It's getting slower and slower. It's proof that your blood is stained with Gorgon.”

My white forearm was no longer visible. The thick melted flesh is just flowing down. If you leave it alone, it will sink anyway. If left alone, they will return to their original flesh. But I didn't want to see it. No, I didn't want to go through it. But it was a reality that had to be experienced. A reality that I must swallow until I flee.

"Roll up your hair. I need a shot in the throat."
Father said, refilling the syringe with Gorgon's blood. Feeling good, he started humming like never before. Even though I'm in a lot of pain.

"Today I brought Hydra's blood. I'd like to give it to you, but the quantity is small, so I'm sorry."

Hydra is a dragon with nine heads. I don't know how he got the dragon's blood, but I could tell that my father was in a good mood. I turned my eyes away.

"Who is it for, then?"

"It’s for Saladin, Who else?"

I shut up without realizing it. I was out of breath, but I tried hard. Slowly, I recounted the original work. In the original book, there was a story that Saladin had Hydra's blood in it. Saladin was said to be able to use the dragon, but it was not described in detail. The Dragon's ability...I swallowed my breath for a moment and slowly continued to think.

"Give it to me, please."
In my words, my father's hand paused. 

"No way." He spoke with a voice that sank low.

“Are you worried about Saladin?”

His two empty eyes looked at me. He was able to guess the emotions that would be contained in that empty space, so I laughed quickly.

"No."

Worry. I can't have such an easy feeling. If Saladin had a dragon's ability, there was a risk that the secondary awakening could be made faster. If he awakened before I ran away, that is, before the God’s War, the plan could be disrupted. I didn't want it.

“I want to be stronger.”

At my words, he laughed. The bones did not reveal their emotions, but the laughter had a strong concentration of emotions. He approached me. With Gorgon's blood in one hand and Hydra's blood in the other.