OS - Inspired by Abhi Naa Jao Chhod Kar (Hum Dono)

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Friday, 6pm at Good News Cafe

Arnav had been waiting for 40 minutes and was getting agitated. He had managed to convince Khushi to meet him at the cafe near her home but she was still not here. Arnav had finished two cups of black coffee but there were no signs of Khushi. Arnav gets up to leave when Khushi opens the door.

Arnav - Do you know how long I have been waiting for you?

Khushi - I'm sorry for making you wait. But did you even think how hard it would be for me to get out from my house?

Arnav - Well, you could have said you were going to meet Payal or something along those lines!

Khushi - It isn't that easy! Anyway since you asked me to come, I came. I really have to get back.

Khushi walks out of the cafe and Arnav catches up with her.

Arnav - Khushi, this is unfair! I waited for 40 minutes and you can't even spare me 15 minutes!

Khushi - Arnav, you know my situation! I have to get home!

As Khushi approaches the turn that leads to the Gupta Mansion, Arnav stops her by tugging her Duppatta. He breaks into a song.

Abhee naa jao chhodakar, ke dil abhee bhara nahee (Do not go and leave me now, for my heart is not yet filled)

Abhee abhee toh aayee ho, bahar ban ke chhayee ho (You have only just come, you became the Spring as you arrived)

Hawa jara mahak toh le, najar jara behak toh le (Let the wind spread your fragrance, let your gaze wander)

Yeh sham dhal toh le jara, yeh dil sanbhal toh le jara (Let the night fall a little more, Let my heart steady itself)

Mai thodee der jee toh lu, nashe ke ghunt pee toh loo (Let me live a little longer, let me taste a sip of your intoxication)

Abhee toh kuchh kaha nahee, abhee toh kuchh suna nahee (For I have said nothing yet, You have heard nothing yet)

Abhee naa jao chhodakar, ke dil abhee bhara nahee (Do not go and leave me now, for my heart is not yet filled)

Khushi looks at Arnav and signals towards her watch. She begins to sing.

Sitare jilamila uthhe, charag jagamaga uthhe (The stars have begun to sparkle, the lamps have been lit)

Bas abb naa muj ko tokana, na badh ke rah rokana (Enough, do not scold me now, do not come forward to block my path)

Agar mai ruk gayee abhee, toh ja na paungee kabhee (If I stop now, I will never be able to leave)

Yahee kahoge tum sada, ke dil abhee nahee bhara (For you will keep on saying that your heart is not yet filled)

Jo khatm ho kisee jagah, yeh aisa silasila nahee (This is not the kind of affair that ends easily)

Arnav goes in front of her and blocks her path.

Abhi Nahee Abhi Nahee (Not now, Not now)

Khushi hits his arm lightly and moves forward singing.

Nahee Nahee Nahee Nahee (No, no, no, no!)

Arnav once agains moves in front of her and begins to sing to convince Khushi to stay.

Adhuree aans chhod ke, adhuree pyas chhod ke (Leaving me with unfulfilled desire, leaving me with unfulfilled thirst)

Jo roj yu hee jaogee, toh kis tarah nibhaogee (If you go every day like this, then how will you keep your promise?)

Ke jindagee kee rah me, jawan dilo kee chah me (For in the path of life, in the desire of two young hearts)

Kaee makam aayenge, jo hamko aajmayenge (Many challenges will come to test us)

Bura naa mano bat kaa, yeh pyar hain gila nahee (Do not be hurt by my words, for they are words of love, not a complaint)

Khushi responds by singing.

Yahee kahoge tum sada, ke dil abhee bhara nahee (But you will keep on saying that your heart is not yet filled)

Arnav replies back to her.

Dil abhi bharaa nahee (Yes, my heart is not yet filled!)

Khushi rolls her eyes and finishes singing.

Nahee Nahee Nahee Nahee (No, no, no, no!)

She pushes him away and starts laughing.

Khushi - Arnav, one more day and I'm all yours. Let me go for now! The bride has sneaked out just to see you and she has to go now!

Arnav - Alright! I'll let you go, only for today! I'll see you at the Mandap tomorrow!

Khushi smiles and waves her hand to Arnav. She then turns and runs off to the mansion. She sneaks in without anyone seeing and gets to her room. She lies on the bed and smiles recalling her rendezvous with her fiance (soon-to-be husband).