OS - Inspired by Main Hoon Hero Tera (Hero)

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

As Arnav recalled the conversation, he realizes what he had shouted to Khushi and what he had wished for. He regrets getting angry on Khushi and immediately rushes to his car. He knew Khushi would have been broken with his words and he had to get back to her.

Aankhon ke panno pe (On the pages of eyes)
Maine likha tha sau dafaa (I had written a hundred times)
Lafzon mein jo ishq tha (The love that was there in words)
Hua naa hothon se bayaan (Could not be said with words)

He recalls all the beautiful moments they have shared and mentally scolds himself for not thinking before wishing for a life without commitments. Khushi was the one who had taught him how to love and having had workaholic parents, Arnav had always felt alone. Khushi taught him to live life the way it should be and Arnav regretted for raising his voice on his angel.

The moment he reaches Shantivan, he stops the car at the porch and without bothering to park it at the right place, he gets out. Arnav runs towards the stairs and leaps three step at a time. He runs down the hallway and stops before his door. He takes a deep breath and opens the door to see Khushi sleeping peacefully, but with tear stains.

Khud se naraaz hoon (I am angry with myself)
Kyun be-aawaaz hoon (Because i am voiceless)
Meri khamoshiyan hain sazaa (My silences are a punishment)
Dil hai yeh sochta (That is what my heart thinks)
Phir bhi nahi pataa (Still i do not know)
Kis haq se kahoon bataa (With what right I should say)
Ke main hoon hero tera (That I am your hero)

Arnav curses himself mentally for being ruthless and walks up to her with guilt. He kneels on the floor and carresses her hair. He kisses her forehead when Khushi opens her eyes slowly.

Khushi - Arnav

Arnav - I'm sorry Khushi. I should not have shouted at you.

Khushi looks at Arnav and gives him a faint smile.

Raahon mein bhi har qadam

Main tere saath chala (I walked with you the whole way)

Haathon mein the ye haath magar (We were hand in hand)

Phir bhi raha faasla (Still there was distance)

Seene mein hain chhupe (Emotions of love are hidden in my heart)

Ehsaas pyaar ke Bin kahe tu sun le zara (Listen to them without me speaking out)

Dil hai yeh sochta (That is what my heart thinks)

Phir bhi nahi pata (Still i do not know)

Kis haq se kahoon bata (With what right should i say)

Ke main hoon hero tera (That I am your hero)

Arnav and Khushi's eyes interlock and they speak a thousand words. Together, they remember every moment of happiness and how they had stood by each other every moment. Khushi sees guilt in Arnav's eyes and her hands reach out and squeeze Arnav's hands as if saying that she had long forgotten whatever happened.

Teri wajah se hain mili (Because of you I have found)
Jeene ki sab khwahishein (All the wishes to live)
Paa loon tere dil mein jagah (That I find place to live in your heart)
Hain ye meri koshishein (That is what I am trying)
Main bas tera banoon (I should be just yours)
Bin tere naa rahoon (I should not live without you)
Maine to maangi hai ye duaa (That is what i have wished for)
Dil hai yeh sochta (That is what my heart thinks)
Phir bhi nahi pataa (Still i do not know)
Kis haq se kahoon bataa (With what right I should say)
Ke main hoon hero tera (That I am your hero)

Arnav immediately brings his palm to her tummy and whispers to her.

Arnav - I should have thought about this earlier. I'm sorry Khushi and I'm sorry baby.

Khushi immediately looks into Arnav's eyes and sees the twinkle.

Arnav - What did you think? Just because I got angry that does not mean I don't want my baby. I thought I needed some time but I've realized I need you beside me. I have not forgotten the promise I made to you, I will be there for you, with you. Will you?

Khushi cups Arnav's cheeks and nods.

Khushi - Humaesha! We will always be together - you, our baby and me.

Arnav leans in and kisses her cheek and Khushi blushes.