OS - Inspired by Soch Na Sake (Airlift)

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Arnav looked out of the window and back at the photograph he was holding. He smiles as his fingers caress the picture fondly.

Tainu itna main pyaar karaan (I love you so much)
Ik pal vich sau baar karaan
(Love you a hundred times in a moment)
Tu jaave je mainu chhad ke
(If you leave me and go)
Maut da intezaar karaan
(I'll wait for death)

Ten long years had gone by and here he was, this close to his happiness. His Khushi. Every moment of the last ten years was agonizing. Arnav had died every single minute without Khushi. He had no other choice than to leave India for his studies back then and when he did, he had left his heart behind.

Ke tere liye duniya chhod di hai (I've left the world for you)
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke (My breath stops at you only)
Main tujhko kitna chaahata hoon
(How much I love you)
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake (You can't even think)

As soon as he could, he left USA. And now here he was, fifteen minutes away from their reunion. Khushi and Arnav had communicated only through written letters so Arnav began to wonder how would Khushi look like. Would she react by running up to him? Or would she have a blush on her cheek? Arnav gets lost in his thoughts and smiles.

Kuchh bhi nahi hai ye jahaan (This world is nothing)
Tu hai to hai is mein zindagi
(If you are there, there is life in it)
Ab mujhko jaana hai kahaan
(Now where else do I have to go)
Ke tu hi safar hai aakhiri
(You are my last journey)

Just then, the plane's front wheel touches the ground and Arnav is jolted from his thoughts. As the plane comes to a stop, Arnav looks up and mutters a small prayer. He thanks Khushi's Devi Maiyya for bringing him back safely to his Khushi. As soon as the seatbelt sign goes off, Arnav picks up his laptop case and quickly walks out of the plane. His step quicken and very soon, he clears the immigration and picks up his bags.

Ke tere bina jeena mumkin nahin (It's not possible to live without you)
Na dena kabhi mujhko tu faasley
(Don't ever keep me distant from you)
Main tujhko kitna chaahati hoon
(How much I love you)
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake
(You can't even think)

Khushi paces around unable to contain her excitement. She spots the crowd coming out and immediately goes beside Anjali. She touches Anjali's shoulder and Anjali squeezes her hand. Anjali looks out for Arnav and when she sees him approaching, she turns towards Khushi and notices her clutching her top, with her eyes closed. Anjali touches Khushi and her eyes open.

Tere liye duniya chhod di hai (I've left the world for you)
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke (My breath stops at you only)
Main tujhko kitna chaahata hoon
(How much I love you)
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake (You can't even think)

Khushi and Arnav's eyes meet and that moment, everything around them came to a stop. Their childhood memories replay before their eyes and they remember all the beautiful memories. Arnav forgets to breathe and Khushi clutches her top much more tightly, as if telling her thumping heart to stop.

Aankhon ki hain ye khwahishein ke (This is the wish of my eyes)
Chehre se tere naa hatein (That they don't stop looking at you)
Neendon mein meri bas tere (In my sleep, there are twists and turns)
Khwaabon ne leen hain karwatein (Of your dreams only)

Anjali's voice jolts them and they look away. Khushi watches Arnav embrace Anjali and smiles. Her Arnav was finally home, to where he belonged. Arnav walked closer to Khushi and Khushi's breathing increases. Their eyes lock.

Ke teri ore mujhko le ke chalein (All the paths of the world)
Ye duniya bhar ke sab raaste
(Take me towards you only)
Main tujhko kitna chahta hoon 
(How much I love you)
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake
(You can't even think)

Arnav smiles at Khushi and immediately moves forward and engulfs her in a hug. Khushi holds on to Arnav's shirt to steady herself. Tears roll down Khushi's cheeks. The ten year wait had finally paid off.

Tere liye duniya chhod di hai (I've left the world for you)
Tujhpe hi saans aake ruke (My breath stops at you only)
Main tujhko kitna chaahata hoon
(How much I love you)
Ye tu kabhi soch na sake (You can't even think)

Arnav steps back and with his thumb, he wipes the tears. He shakes his head to indicate that Khushi should not be crying and moves forward closer to her. He places a kiss on her forehead. He then extends his hand to her and when Khushi holds on to him, he leans close to her and whispers, "It feels so good to be home, to you."