how genders work

oh boy here we go.

So, to put it simply; ch do not have specified genders. In the human world this is extremely controversial bc human beings are shit.

The reason behind this is bc not every citizen of that nation is male/female or binary (obviously). so the easiest way to represent everyone, was to have the countries be androgynous.

They're all essentially genderfluid and have the ability to change their appearance based on how they would like to present themselves. I haven't really found a good explanation for how exactly this is done, but it's along the lines of an overnight process when changing genders and appearances.

Of course, many countries and organizations especially would like to present themselves as simply nonbinary, androgynous, agender, and anything else that falls under this umbrella, but of course the human race can't comprehend that the ch are literal ethereal beings that do not function the same as mortal humans, so unfortunately a lot of countries have to opt for either male or female.

A lot are also predominantly male due to, say it with me kids, sexism and the oppression of women throughout history.

When the first civilizations emerged, gender wasn't a set-in-stone concept for a lot of the ch, it was but a man-made concept that the ch began to follow (bc as i've previously explained they share the same ideas and beliefs as their citizens usually) and therefore they began fitting themselves into the male/female genders.

so yeah, the explanation as to why the country's aren't super diverse is transphobia and the lack of support for lgbtq+ communities in specific countries :((

the only reason i have this hc is bc i enjoy being historically accurate, as well as accurately representing the people and the governments of every country, which of course will sometimes include negative things like this one.

xx