Chapter 5

We came home late last night. And today is the worst day of the week. Monday. Monday meant school. UGHHH.

I've been driving to school with Ken and Katy for 3 months now when we knew we lived in the same neighborhood. Usually, Ken would honk in front of my house at 6:40 am or so then we'd go to pick Katy. And it hurts because I have to sit at the back while Katy gets to sit in the passenger seat flirting with Ken. But who am I to say? Katy's his girlfriend. Katy was. And am still his friend who is a girl.But it was 6:50 am already and there wasn't any honk. I don't like being late to class, because everyone would stare at me like I just murdered someone. I just don't like to draw attention to myself. So, I walked to Ken's house to see if something was wrong. Everything seemed fine on the outside. I rang his door bell but no one answered so I entered his house on my own.

"Ken? Are you going to school today?" My voice echoed. It felt like a horror movie. Ken stormed down, skipping stairs. Actually I wasn't interested in his legs, because I was interested in the upper part. He was topless. Not that I haven't seen him topless, but he must have showered. Drops of water fell down his wet hair with every step he took. I'd say I don't care or feel anything about that, but that'd be lying. He was hot. Muscular. Strong. His torso. Oh, God. He looked yummy.

"Go start the car first. I will catch up in a minute." He said. His voice brought me back to reality. I'm glad he didn't look my way. What a shame to be caught drooling over your best friend's sexy body. Even the way he swung his shirt over his body. Stop, Kris. Stop. I wonder if my nose was bleeding, I felt liquid running out of my nose though.

Wake up, Kris. Your damn hot best friend just broke up with his 2 years girlfriend. Snap. Reality.

"Why are you still standing there?"

"What?"

"The car, dummy."

"I am not a dummy. Don't call me dummy, jerk." I snapped back at him. I am not stupid! Though I know I look stupid.

He tried to protest but instead he said "We are going to be late for school, dumb ass." I said I'm not stupid.

"This is your fault. If u haven't woke up late, I wont be late to school, lazy ass."

He was going to fight back when I cut him first.

"And hurry get that top over your body. You look like a drowning dog." I snapped.

He frowned and said "Girls say I am hot without my shirt. I guess your eyesight is getting worse, honey." he ended his sarcastic comment with a pity smile.

There was no way I'd lose this match. Anger rising, I said without thinking.

"Those girls are blind. Like you have much experience with girl anyway? I don't know what Katy saw in you these 2 years."

The words rushed out of my mouth before I could swallow them back. Ken closed his mouth into a thin line, biting his lip hard, like he was trying to stop the pain. What did I just say? Kill yourself, Kris. Aghhh. Me and my stupid mouth. I am stupid.

"Ken, I'm sorry. I was only joking. I'm sorry." I can't believe I just said those words. I wanna kill myself.

"We're late. Let's go." he headed toward the door without glancing back at me.

Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.