Definition of music

Definition of music
Music is the combination of organized sounds in a manner or sequence that produces harmony and melody. It is pleasant to the ears.

Musical sounds
These are sounds with regular frequency. They are sounds produced constructively. Musical sounds make sense in compositions, they are represented by the first seven letters of the alphabets. These are :- A ,B ,C ,D ,E ,F and G.

Musical keys
In music, there are basically 12 keys. Seven are natural keys, while the rest are accidentals of five out of the seven keys.
The keys are as follow:-
C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B

Pitch
The pitch denotes the highness or lowness of a sound( note). In music, pitch is all about the difference between the highness or lowness of a sound. The pitch can be determined when represented by musical notes.

Rhythm
Everyone sure do know how to clap our hands. Either in a worship gathering or when Dancing to a tune.
Counting out beats is the beginning of making music. Without a discernable rhythm, there's no order to music.
Rhythm is a pattern of regular or irregular pulses in music.

The beat
A beat is a pulse of time. It is a series of repeating consistent pulsations of time.

Tempo
This is the speed or rate at which a beat proceeds.

Harmony

In simple terms, harmony is what occurs when two or more notes is played or sung at the same time.

This can be as an interval (two notes, also called a dyad), or chords of three or more notes.

Melody
melody is the procession
of a given succession of pitches in musical time, implying rhythmically ordered movement from pitch to pitch. It is the surface of a group of harmonies. The tone of a chord became a melody tone; chords were chosen for their colour and sense of direction relative to each other and were spaced so that a desired succession of tones lay on top. Any melody, then, had underlying chords that could be deduced. Thus, a skilled guitarist, analyzing mentally, can apply chords to a melody.

Music theory
Sheet music or paper music is the art of  writing or transcribing music on a sheet of paper that contains certain elements used in it's concepts.
To be able to read, write and transcribe music from a sheet of paper is a very outstanding skill musicians strive to achieve. Just like being fluent in speaking a foreign language which is not your native is a win when you can.
Knowing music theory is not important to be able to play music, because in this generation of ours  music is played or performed more often by ears not by the sheets.

However, music theory is a very vital aspect in the art of making music.
It's simple as learning a new language.
The purpose of music theory is to enable musicians the aids to state how a certain piece is ought to be played, and also to be able to read and play what other musicians have written exactly how it is intended to by the original composer.