Chapter 25: Just The Way You Are

JISOO

Graduation day! Finally, after grueling years and countless sleepless nights, we're here at the end of it! No more cramming of school projects, (burning eyelashes?) for finals and gallons of coffee to pull off all-nighters. But no matter how much we're all looking forward to it, it's still bittersweet. And today's extra special to me & of course Jendeuki because we are completely attending the ceremony. As in brothers AND parents are all present and coming with us. Could it be any more exciting?

As we arrived at school, there I saw all my friends together with my families. Then I saw the love of my life with her parents as well, I hurried and gestured to my parents to follow me so that I can introduce them to Roseanne's parents.

"Hi Roseanne! Hello Mr. & Mrs. Park. These are my parents." I greeted and bowed to her parents as we got near them. "Mom. Dad. This is Roseanne, my girlfriend, as you already know. And these are her parents." I continued.

"G'day mates! Don't we all feel a little too old today? Kids are finally graduating from school." Rosé's father spoke up.

"Oh boy! Tell me about it!" my dad answered back. Looks like they're getting well. That's a good sign.

"Rosé honey, we would like to formally apologize to you, for what happened the first time we met. We've seen how Jisoo has been so warm and happy and that's because of you darling. I hope you can forgive us." My mom suddenly spoke.

"Oh no Mrs. Kim. It's all in the past now. I fully understood what happened, so you have nothing to apologize for. What's important now is that everybody has moved on and are very happy. "Rosé charmingly spoke back to my mother.

"You have one lovely daughter right here." My dad told Rosé's parents and they both just nodded and smiled. When the announcer stated that the program is about to start, Rosé and I headed to our seats while both our parents decided to sit together. Dad has seen an opportunity to talk about business with Roseanne's father. Well, I don't mind that now. It should be fun, don't you think?

"Congratulations Graduates!" finally, the announcer has declared, and every graduating student present threw their hats up towards the sky. Looking around, everyone seems busy talking to each of their families and taking photos. I was appreciating everything around me when Lisa called out for me. "Sooyaaaaahhh!!!" Lisa called out loud. Didn't notice everyone's gathered together already so I ran towards them. "We made it man!" Lisa continued speaking to me and then gave me a hug. We aren't really cheesy especially with each other, but for moments like this we can make an exception. "Yes! We did it!" I spoke to her as well whilst hugging her back. As we broke our hug, we saw my twin Jennie and Rosé doing the same thing but also crying. Oh girls!

"Alright ladies and gentlemen! This is a very special night as we celebrate our lovely graduates present with us here tonight!" Taeyang oppa stated thru the mic as we all gathered here at his bar. He continued with his speech while me and the band prepare here backstage. Our families and friends were all gathered up right in the middle, excitedly waiting for us, especially my parents and brothers. It's the first time they're going to witness me perform live on stage. And what's giving me more tension are Roseanne's parents are also here. So... Goodluck Turtle Rabbit Kim!

JENNIE

While waiting for the band to perform, we started having our drinks. Party nights are always fun. But tonight's extra given our parents are also here with us along with our brothers. We've never really had such family time or gatherings, and usually it's just us the siblings. But ever since that night Jisoo confessed to our parents, it changed the whole picture. And I can only be so grateful for everything that has happened and how things turned out to be.