Dumplings🥟

Prompt: @yejinhand 's Instagram post on 15/06/2021 🥟😋

——————————————————————————

Metal trays and plates of ingredients were laid out across the shiny marble tabletop. Containers of salt and sugar were left open on the table while a certain chef stood in front of the kitchen counter.

"Hmm...did I miss out on anything? Flour, dumpling skin, chicken meat, onions...," Ye-jin muttered, her brows furrowed deeply in concentration as she checked off the list of ingredients that she had typed out in her phone.

Flurried fingers danced across the screen lighting up her face in a faint blue glow, tapping rapidly before the chef nodded firmly with approval, satisfied that everything was in order for her latest escapade in their home kitchen.

It was official. Chef Ye-jin was back in the kitchen since Hyun Bin had just finished filming Confidential Assignment 2. Her boyfriend had been working hard for the past four months, filming tirelessly for yet another project that he had poured his heart and soul into. Like all his fans, Ye-jin was immensely excited to see her boyfriend in his latest project although her heart ached for him when she noticed how much weight he lost during the process. Naturally, Ye-jin wished to take good care of her lover, which was why she was standing in their kitchen now, ready to whip up a home cooked meal that he so deserves. Rest and food was exactly what Hyun Bin would need right now.

Besides, the both of them had a photoshoot the next day – not together, sadly, but she was determined to feed him well. Ye-jin was thinking that she could make some homemade dumplings tonight and pack it into two lunch boxes so that they would not have to worry about lunch tomorrow. Recalling the YouTube video that she had watched last week about wrapping and cooking dumplings, she thought it was the perfect dish she could pack for the both of them tomorrow.

Just then, Hyun Bin came out of the bathroom after taking a nice, warm shower. He saw Ye-jin with her hair tied up in her signature high bun, whereas the white oversized T-shirt was hanging loosely from her shoulders, ending slightly above her knees. It was his shirt and the warmth blossoming in his chest at such a familiar sight was unreal even to the man who had been humbly blessed with such a visage of his beautiful girlfriend too many times to count by now.

The sight of his girlfriend had Hyun Bin chuckling softly from the pure bliss of such a domestic sight of home as well as the little smudge of flour dusting her nose – one which she was probably unaware of. Ye-jin was frowning down at the dumpling skin in her hand when he approached her, that slight furrow of her eyebrow only adding to her adorableness.

Ye-jin in his shirt and with flour on her nose? Who wouldn't be soft when they saw her like that?

Snaking his arms around her, Hyun Bin wrapped Ye-jin in a warm back hug. That gentle climb of masculine scent enveloped Ye-jin just like how his shirt was clinging onto her. Naturally, a warm smile spread across her face and she leaned back against her personal heater, sighing softly now that he was home and free of his filming commitments.