Chapter 5: At Amu's place

(I would like to thank @JAY-JAY-WARRIOR for typing most of this!)

Katty's pov

It was strange really.. My head was hurting. My body was burning up. My throat was swelling. Dreams keep getting worse...

"I'M ALIVEEEEEEEE!!" I sweatdropped as I woke up to find two broken windows and half the the floorboards ripped out. WHAT DA HELL DID MEH DO IN MAH SLEEP!?

Wait... Floorboards... I'M IN SOME RANDOM DUDE's HOUSE!

My attention soon reverted from imagining what creepy hobo might have adopted me to a shuffle of noise in the room. It sounds like a...

"RACOON!! STAYY AWAYYYY YOU ICE-CREAM STEALING BEAST! KATTY WILL NEVER FORGIVE OR FORGET DAT DAY WHEN YA STOLE MAH CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA DELUXE ICE-CREAM SUNDAE SPECIAL YOU FREAKING BACK STABBING DUMMY!" I began to build a mini fortress out of air, growling and starting another war with those hideous striped-tailed beasts.

Until I heard giggling.. Oh god.. DID THOSE RACOONS MUTATE WITH HUMANS AND ARE NOW ANGRY!? WELL FUDGECAKES! IM KINDA SCREWED IF THEY DID!

"Ami ith nawt a wacoon! Hai Kathy-chan! Mai nameth Ami, anth me wanna be Kathy-chan's fwiend!"

(Translation: Ami is not a racoon! Hi Katty-chan! My name's Ami, and I want to be Katty-chan's friend!)

I had a blank stare. "Can you say that again?" I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ONE FREAKING WORD THAT CAME OUTTA YOUR MOUTH!

GEEZ, WHERE IS GOOGLE TRANSLATE WHEN YOU NEED IT?!

Twila's pov

Me and Amu sat in her bedroom, drinking orange juice. I had a sleepover at Amu's place, since I hadn't been able to sleep much. Katty kept tearing up the floorboads in her sleep, so we resorted to keeping her in the basement. Ami left a few minutes ago, to go and wake her. This led to a lot of yelling, so I guess she woke up.

"So, Twila, who is your friend?" Amu asked, breaking my train of thought as the words escaped her mouth. My hands shook violently as I replied.

"W-well, S-she's my b-big s-sister.... Katty..." I replied, a tear escaping my eye as I spoke her name. I couldn't bear to hear it.

Amu's eyes reflected dumbfounded confusion as she seemed to process what I was saying. "Your... Big sister?"

I chucked dryly, brushing the moisture from my eyes. "Yeah, she used to be my big sister. An irresponsible one at that. Long story short; she died but somehow came back."

Amu sucked in a breath, probably remembering when Katty died. She was on pretty good terms with her before.

But what happened next surprised me.

Amu hugged me as I only continued to cry, small sobs escaping my mouth.

"It's okay Twila. She's back now." She soothed, as I tried to speak.

"I-I d-didn't know w-what t-to do!" I cried, accepting her comforting embrace. "I-I w-was s-so lonely! It was killing me!"

It was strange, really. One second I'm keeping myself together and the next I have a breakdown in my friend's arms. It was nice though; to tell somebody about what was going on. To know I can still rely on Amu to make everything better.

Pulling myself from her arms, I knew that Amu was kinda awkward with crying situations. It felt good to let it all out. Amu may be awkward with this, but at least she's sincere.

"So," she began, starting a conversation. "Are you fine with the rolls of older and younger sister reversed?"

I flashed her a weak smile, knowing the answer immediately. "You bet! Now I can take care of her like she did when I was little!" I giggled a bit, remembering a few stories Katty had told me about taking care of the little me.

Amu smiled as well, assured that I was feeling much better. "Then lets check on our little sisters, shall we? I don't want them destroying my house. My parents will kill me!"

I smirked, knowing how perfectly capable my now younger and evil sister is of turning this house into dust.

"Lets."