Chapter 2

A week passed and the annual dance drew closer. Every new session, the school holds a dance for returning students, it's kinda like a social activity to make new friends, that's where I met Louisa. Speaking of Louisa, I think she's the one setting up the dance which means she's gonna pick the game. I just hope it isn't a hard one. Last year, we had to catch apples in a tank of water but the problem was the water was too cold. I can still feel the frost bite.
I walked into the common room and found my friends at our usual table. " Hey guys " I greeted them as I got closer, I noticed that Ariana and Jason were holding hands. " Um- what's going on here ? " I asked as I sat down next to Ariana. " That's what we were just talking about. So apparently, Jason and Ariana want in their date as planned and ...... " " It was a hangout..... at that time " Jason cut in interrupting Jess. " Date, hangout, same thing. Back to the story - " " You're acting like it was you who got asked out " Louisa cut in . " Wait, Jason asked Ari out ? " I asked, excited. " That's what I was trying to tell you, before someone rudely interrupted me. And now they are dating ". Jason sighed and started counting down with his fingers " 3.....2.....1....." As if on cue, we all except Jason squealed at the top of our voices including Ariana which was surprising because she never showed any girly emotions. I hugged them both, squeezing them so tightly as if they were going to disappear of I didn't. " I'm so happy for you guys. I think am gonna cry. " I wiped my eyes to emphasize. " You don't have to, we are not going to die " Ariana said, with all her teeth on display. Jess looked up and smirked and then looked back at me. " Looks like they weren't the only ones struck by Cupid's arrows " " What are you talki- ". " Hey Talie, is it okay if I called you that ? " I turned around to see the Greek god himself. His curly blonde hair bouncing as he walked closer, his blue eyes shining with excitement like that of a child. He stood between Louisa and I, and he accidentally flexed his biceps as he stuck his hands in his pockets. Did he really have to wear tight jeans ?. I felt Ari lean towards me and she whispered in my ears, " You're staring, cut it out. " I felt my face heat up and I accidentally yelled, " what ? " " Uh, do you by chance go to class-B science room ? " " Actually I do . " He smiled widely, " No wonder you looked so familiar, that's my science room as well " " Yeah, I know. I see you all the time . " I glared at Jess but she looked away whistling. That's when I realized Louisa was no longer on her seat, when did she leave ? " Yeah I, uh - um - have noticed you too. I think you're really cute and I was wondering if you - uh - had a partner to the dance . A-and if you were planning on going alone then..... That's totally fine. I'll just go with someone else. " I stared at Zack like he was an optical illusion. Is this for real ?
" A-are you asking me to the dance ? " " If you're up for it " OMG, is THE Zack blushing, for ME ? " S-sure, I would love to go to the dance with you " " Set sail, ship Zalia " " JESS" I stared at her eyes wide open. " Don't hate me, hate the game " Jess replied, smirking. " Um, I'll be going now. See you in science class, third period right ? " I nodded " Yeah, third period " . I watched him as he walked away and didn't even realize I was smiling. " Talie and Zack sitting on a tree K - I - S - S - I - N - G. " " You guys, cut it out . et toi, Ariana. I'm so disappointed. " Then we all started laughing.