Chapter Seventeen

"Yeah.. we got back around ten or something. She slept over and is sleeping on the couch right now."

I woke up to noises then turned over and faced the window where the light from the sun was blinding me. I rubbed my eyes then laid there as I could heard Macy's voice.

"No.. we just went out for a movie then I showed her the fountain in the city. We watched the sunset together." She paused. "It was amazing." She chuckles.

Opening my eyes, I squinted as I stared at the window for a moment then looked around. I heard walking around, knowing Macy was somewhere in the house and she was talking on the phone.

"She's.. no, not yet. We're not even dating. We're just.. going out. I don't know."

Her voice eventually faded as she walked into another room.

I took this opportunity to sit up and look around. I didn't see her anywhere then I saw my phone on the table near the couch.

Reaching over, I grabbed it then saw a few messages from Mark last night and this morning.

I managed to call him last night, in a very hushed tone and explained everything to him.

He was a little confused and shocked by the sound of his voice and he kept asking why I was doing this and how long have I been seeing her behind his back.

That made me roll my eyes as I told him that the day she ran into me was the first day we met. I never met this woman before and she just randomly asked me out.

He had to put in his comment about "dating the woman I stole from" and it made me want to hang up on him.

He thought it was funny but I didn't find the humor in it.

I told him that everything was a little weird cause I haven't dated in a while and going out with this woman who I did steal from was just the icing on the cake.

No doubt that was in my mind last night but it was in the very back of it.

When I'm near her, all I can see was her house in the back of my head and everything that I did when I was in her house that night.

But I didn't let that get to me last night.

It was still there though.

Haunting me.

That's why I didn't like being around her so much cause it brought back that night when she found me in her house but didn't know it was me.

Thank goodness.

After sitting there for a moment, I stood up in time for Macy to walk out. She looked down at her phone then up to meet my eyes before smiling. "You're awake. How did you sleep?" She walks towards me.

"Pretty good."

"Are you hungry? I can make breakfast."

I follow her to the kitchen then watch as she walks around the bar then stands in front of the fridge. "Eggs? Bacon? Whatever you want."

"It's fine. Whatever. Not picky."

Even though I haven't had a decent meal in a while cause our fridge is too small and money was always an issue, I wasn't about to tell her I wanted a whole bunch of shit.

I sat at the bar and watched Macy as she was making some eggs. I watch as she was grabbing everything to make it on the pan and I placed my elbow on the bar then leaned my chin on my palm.

That caught the attention of Macy as she looked over at me and smiled, which made me slightly smile then leaned back where I sitting upward more.

Looking around, I saw the stairs that I wanted to explore that night but got caught. I stared at them for a moment until I heard someone knock on the front door.