Chapter Thirty Eight

"You're going to burn the house down."

I saw Cindy slap Ethan on the arm as we were sitting in the kitchen. I look over at Macy as she was cooking and her brother was picking on her the whole time.

Cindy was trying to get him to stop but he was laughing and making fun of Macy, which I found funny but didn't laugh out loud.

Macy invited them over today and it was around noon. I invited Mark as well, telling him that we all wanted to get together for some reason.

He said he would be there.

When I called him that day I came back, he freaked out and asked how I managed to get away with something again.

"I honestly don't know." Is what I told him.

I don't know how I keep getting away with this shit.

Macy was definitely doing something to me.

In the most best way.

As I was sitting there, watching everyone else do whatever, I heard a knock on the front door. I got up and told them I would answer it, knowing it was probably Mark anyways.

When I opened it, I saw Mark standing there with a smile on his face. I let him in then he pulled me into a hug. "I'm so glad you're ok. You worry me too much."

"Sorry." We walk to the kitchen and Macy greets Mark before everyone else introduces themselves.

I sat at the bar along with Mark and I saw him talking to Ethan before I let my eyes settle on Macy. She was cooking at the stove while Cindy was helping her with whatever she was cooking.

"We'll have a little picnic outside." Macy said as she looks around at everyone. "Is that ok?"

We all agreed.

"You should get a pool." Ethan said.

"They cost a lot." Macy said.

Ethan smiles. "So? You're making a lot of money each year. Invest in a pool."

Macy looks at him then shakes her head. "I'll think about it."

Smiling, I watch them for a moment before Mark looks over at me. He smiles before leaning over and bumping his shoulder with mine. "You're doing it."

"Doing what?"

"Living the life you've always wanted."

I look around and noticed that this was the life I wanted.

Being surrounded by friends and having a place that wasn't a camper and a piece of shit.

It all came true in the end.

Just didn't believe it at first.

We all talked about whatever as Cindy and Macy was cooking, which made me feel bad so I got up and helped them.

"What can I do?" I ask as I was looking over at the stove.

Macy looks at me before smiling. "You and Cindy can take some plates outside. Along with some cups and make sure everything is ready when it's time to eat."

Cindy smiles at me before we grabbed some plates and cups before walking out of the back door. I was holding the cups as I placed them on a table outside and Cindy was placing down the plates.

"I'm glad she asked us to get together." Cindy said.

"Me too."

Cindy smiles at me. "I'm glad Macy met you. You're a really cool person and I can see how much she loves you."