Chapter 26

"Flowers for you, Ms. Lea", her secretary handed over a fresh bouquet of roses. Lea ran eyes over the attached card.

Can you be my date?

"In fairness, di parin napapagod tong si Mr. Villamor kakahabol sayo", Claire teased her.

Mr. Villamor is her co-author two years ago. Aside from the friendship they built, he sees Lea in a different way. If it weren't of her marriage to Tim, he could've amped up his ways to own her heart. But he knew where to stand. Timothy, her ex husband, was a schoolmate of him back in college. He is into Lea for how long he can't recall. When their marriage was over, a hope ignite once again. He is one of the few people who stayed next to her. Uplifting words and comforting gestures, he showered it all to her.

And, she saw it all.

"Sagutin mo na kase, manang. Give him chance. Masaya na din naman si Timothy sa bago niya. You deserve it too", Raymund butt in.

"Unless ...", Claire sipped her coffee.

"Oh c'mon. Ano ba naman? Let's not drag his name here. I have moved on already".

But she asked herself in silence. It's not what her heart says. Pain is still there. Nights are lonely without him. After that daughter-and-dad scene back at the event, she saw no hope to fix what was broken when he left.  Maybe not all broken pieces can be fixed. It's there perhaps to remind her of things she has done for love.

Time did not heal her but taught her to start anew.

"Talaga ba?", Raymund asked.

"Y-yes. Yes, I am. He is happy. I am ... I am fine. We're back to being strangers like how we should be", she half-smiled.

"Manang, enjoy life. Open your heart again. Maybe this time is for real. Kilala mo naman si Mr. Villamor eh for a long time. You know him more than that ... you know who", Claire said.

Lea just laughed it away, "We'll see"

Her friends are both giddy from it. After all the pain and tears, she wanted to feel happy again. It may not be with the man she loved with all her heart but with someone fate chose for her.

○ ○ ○

"Hi", she greeted Luke Villamor.

He invited her to be his date for a college reunion. Hesitation was a factor at first, she knew Aga might be around as well. Luke graduated from the same university where Aga is teaching. But she has made up her mind. No more avoiding. No more hiding. No more crying. She is done with all of it. If it's one way to push herself to move forward, she'll take the risk. No matter how painful it is.

"You're pretty as always", he winked.

They arrived at the venue right on time. Luke is known for his works. It's no surprise to stumble upon some folks who became his avid readers. Some people around are known to her. She smiled at them, did a small talk while few feet from her is where Aga glancing.

"Lapitan mo na. Wag ka na pasimple diyan, tol. Di ka na teenager oi", Henry teased him.

"Gago. Akala mo naman di kami pagchichismisan", Aga said.

"Eh sayang naman yung pagpunta natin dito"

Aga heard about the college reunion. He knew Timothy finished his degree at the said university and would probably be around for the reunion. Amidst the tiny chance to see her, Aga found ways to barge in. Just a glimpse of her from afar would mean so much to him.