Chapter 2

The rain won't stop from falling since afternoon. Lea mans the kitchen for their dinner as Timothy will arrive home anytime soon from work. He loves hot soup in a cold weather. It was almost two in the afternoon when the seminar concluded and she decided to call it a day. That professor she bumped into crossed her mind. She won't let it slide. It was harassment in public and that shouldn't happen to anybody. The door clicks to unlock, it swings open revealing her husband.

"Hi, love", she smiles at him.

"Hey", he walks towards her. "Wow. It smells good". He gave his wife a quick kiss.

"Of course. You'll love this. Go upstairs and change na, love. I'll be done in a minute", she commands.

Her temper quickly subsided just seeing him. It takes only his presence to remove all the burdens that she has. Timothy is her medicine to any emotions in life and she can't live without him. He is all that she has since her parents passed away last year. Her world revolves around him.

"I heard from Avery what had happened this afternoon", he broke the growing silence on their dinner.

"Tss. That girl. Sometimes I feel like looking for a new secretary. She is more loyal to you than to me", she rolls her eyes.

"Who's that professor? Did you get his name? Have you talked to a lawyer?"

"Not yet, love. Tomorrow pa. He is Ariel Aguilar"

He paused and gave her a look, "Mr. Aguilar? Are you sure?"

She nodded, "Of course I am"

"Love, I know him. All board members know him. That's impossible"

"So you're saying it's a made-up? Is that it?", she feels a bit cheesed off.

"Lea, all I'm saying is he can't do that. I've known him as a sobersided person"

"Timothy, he felt me up! I was harassed in public and yet you're laying out his assertion at me!?"

"Relax, okay? Fine. I will talk to him tomorrow"

"For what?! To confirm that I wasn't just making this all up?! I can't believe you!", she rose to her feet about to walk out but he quickly held her.

"I'm sorry, love. That was not it. You can't file a case against him that easily. The board would protect him at all cost. He plays a vital role in the existence of the university"

"But you're part of the board! You could do something"

"Love, I am not a major stockholder yet. All I can do is to agree and follow on what the board would say. They'd rather kick me out of the board than put him behind bars. Understand me, love. It might ruin me"

She pulls back her hand and turned to walk away.

"Love, I'm sorry", he added but she seems to hear nothing.

It pierced her heart. That was unlooked-for. Lea slammed the door. A sting of disappointment grows in her as she huffs and puffs. Though she loves him more than anything in this world but their ineluctable altercations get in the way at times. Timothy cares a lot about his image. Often times it ignites a fire between them but she always stretches out her patience further enough to keep up with his conditions. It has been always her who maintains a strong foundation in their relationship but she couldn't care less though it hurts her most of the time. Timothy is her world and she can endure anything for him.

She wipes off the tears falling down her eyes when the door swings to open. Timothy hugs her from behind, "Love, I'm sorry".

"It's alright. I understand. You have to maintain a good image. Don't worry about it. I can manage.", she unwraps his arms around her but he won't let go.