Chapter 1 - Russia

I have accepted a challenge from @SpartanAbortion113 on a story of Laura Bodewig. I was shocked that there is only one currently on here and believe it or not, we discussed on Laura dating a Polish guy due to WW2 stuff. 

So I am actually ahead of the game and I'll be going first. Spartan said he wanted to test his mettle and I have been hesitant on making a Laura for a long time coming now. So here I go. 

If you like warfare, I hope you like this one.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

I had no clue that my mother wasn't my father's wife until the day he took me away from her. I was four or five years old when I last saw her. It was my father's concubine. Why his wife didn't have children is anyone's guess. It could be an abundance of reasons. But I haven't seen her in over a decade. My father Captain Sokolov in the Russian army wanted to use me to see if I was able to be what he would call "Weapon Omega". I had to address him as "Sir" as long as I can remember. I'm told many kids say Mama or Daddy as a kid. My first word was Sir. Go figure.

There are some children that are brainwashed into being weapons and/or assets. Even at a young age. There have even been stories where little girls being trained to be informants to the government. Even at that age not just only being able to be independent and nearly emotionless, but they are classified as spies. I kinda felt no different. 

It went into stages when I was at that age. It went from emotionally getting prepared as kids from striping the homesickness from all of the ones chosen. All the way to the direction they were going. I was into some martial arts with others as well as a private school type of setup. I learned a majority of subjects from many levels and eras of history, numerous levels of mathematics, and even though for many across the world I have covered subjects that many college graduates have as a teenager, I don't consider myself a genius. I may have the knowledge, but it came from several years of cramming with no days off and it took hard work. 

There were some where I see take the waft of a smell of a book and just understand everything inside of it. Definitions and quotes. I myself am just not that person. There is smart and there is genius. I don't tell my father that, but it is what I believe. Sir has always demanded nothing but excellence. Times where I would see him smoking a pipe and reading with a cocktail or two next to him. I felt like I could never make him proud. That was the thing. 

As time went on and his plan of what seemed like a gameshow of The Next Weapon Omega, things got better before they got worse. I was living on my own after my thirteenth birthday. Sir got me an apartment and was paying for it. But he wanted to talk or see me if he needed something. It was nice because I did have the occasional free time. That's outside all of the history, math, science, and even a year ago starting to learn a good amount of Japanese. Why exactly? I didn't know at the time. I didn't want a scream in my ear or a hit across the face. I went along with it as a valuable skill. Which helped in the long haul. 

Just a little after is when things started to change the rest of my life. This is when Sir was giving me another book. Two less books off of regular subjects were off the table and in front of I opened up something called Opening to the Infinite Stratos. Which was the book that easily was on the path of changing my life. Although, I had no clue at the time, but it was stolen. This was a book that was issued to the I.S. Academy in Japan. It was the introduction of the basics of these said units. How it works, functions, and even that there was a creator known as Tabana Shinonono is the sole creator of them. Which was shocking to me. A woman creating all of these advanced pieces of technology. Yet, no use of it for government warfare. Also yet. But it was the plan for Russia in the long haul.