Chapter 2

*sorry for the wait, but i've been really busy lately with school and everything. but holy crap guys, Crush almsot has 60k reads and im freaking out! that means the world to me! hope you all enjoy Chapter 2 :)*

Sunlight streams through my window as I wake up and smile brightly.

Today is he first day of summer, the best time of the whole year for me. It means the beach and road trips with friends and everything exciting.

I throw off my blanket and get ready, throwing on my swimsuit to get ready to spend the day at the beach with friends. I sit on my phone waiting for my friends, going through pictures on my phone like I always tend to do when I'm bored.

So I scroll to the very bottom, where all my first pictures are from years ago. I smile at all the old ones. Dumb selfies, scenery, and pictures with my family. The smile on my face quickly is wiped away as I see a picture I forgot I had.

My eyes grow wet with tears as I stare at it.

It's the selfie me and all the boys took when we first went to the club together...

When Beau saved me from that disgusting drunk guy who tried to drag me away.

I stare at the picture, mainly at Beau.

A tear blurs my vision as it falls and lands on my phone screen, causing the image of Beau's face to get distorted.

I guess I do miss him more than I thought, it still hurts to think of him and how much he meant to me and still does. All I want is to hear his voice again and see his smile, and be able to hold him again and kiss him and-

My thoughts are wiped away as I hear a honk of a car and loud voices outside. I breathe in and wipe my cheeks before quickly walking down the two flights of stairs and out of the front door, not even bothering to say where I'm going.

I smile as best as I could as they all yell and shout. I notice all my good friends in the car, my new friends...I spot my ex, Kyle, sitting in the passenger seat, eyeing me up and down as if I was prey for a hungry animal. He made me uncomfortable sometimes but I still find myself liking him, for his sweet side.

"Lookin hot there, Alex." He says and smirks at me. I manage a small grin as I hop into the car, finding myself a spot between my best friends Kaitlin and Amanda. They smile at me as I look at them. The car is packed with people, some I have never met in my life, and they're wild. The people in the back of the spacious van have beers in their hands and I hope the driver didn't have any.

I prefer my group of friends from Melbourne over these people any day.

But the more I think about my life in Melbourne, the more the anger builds inside of me. How could they all just forget about me? I surely haven't forgotten about them, they meant way too much to me. Apparently, I didn't mean as much to them as I thought. If I did, wouldn't they want to make an effort to continue talking to me? They haven't talked to me in a year, so I've come to a conclusion that they've forgotten me.

So I need to forget about them.

The anger that has filled my thoughts now, causes me to do things I'd never of done. I don't know what's come over me these days.

As the people around me yell and holler and the radio is playing softly, I turn away and grab a beer. I'll just drink away my thoughts and make them vanish. I start gulping down the cool drink and smile at my friends. I motion to the radio and scream, "Turn that shit up!"

Everyone cheers as we continue driving to a destination where hopefully, there will be no worries.

******
Music blasts through my ears as I hop out of the van. My bare feet hit the warm summer sand and I look to the waves crashing up against the shore. The best time to go to Malibu beach is the first days of the summer, all the people running around, soaking up the hot sun.

I watch as my friends get ready for the day, getting out the food and drinks, trying to find a decent radio station to blast into the air. The friends I've made would be considered as the popular, preppy people. Most of them would fit the stereotype of the people most others tend to hate. I'm not a fan of these type of people, I prefer the people I was with back in Melbourne, but I've somehow found a liking towards them. They really are the only friends I have now....they've changed me.

"Alex, come over here!" My friends call me over as they lay out blankets to tan themselves. I sit down and look at the sand below me, staring at nothing.

I think way too much these days...

"Alex? What's up with you today?" Amanda says, sitting up next to me.

I sigh.

"You remember my old friends from Australia?" She nods. "I just miss them, I can't stop thinking about Beau." She looks confused. "Wait, who's Beau again?"

I roll my eyes slightly.

"How many times do I have to tell you? He was my old boyfriend..." It pains me to say the word old, that word confirms our broken relationship.

She exaggerates the word oh, holding it out long enough to make me annoyed. "Alex, just get over him, he seems like a bad person anyways, you could do better. Speaking of better, go to Kyle, he's probably way better than your Australian skater douche."

I clench my fists and glare at her. She has no idea how much I'd love to smack her. How can she judge Beau like that based off what I've told her? Beau was the sweetest guy I've ever met.

"Amanda, literally watch what you say, okay? Beau was the greatest thing that ever happened to me, he was nothing close to what you think, I would give anything to have him back. And it's hilarious how you think Kyle could possibly live up to how amazing Beau was, none of you could live up to him..."

Amanda snorts.

"Damn, you don't gotta be a bitch about it." I stand up and look down at her. "I know, but you didn't have to either, so I guess we're both even, aren't we?"

I leave her there and walk to the back of the van, I open the cooler and grab a soda. I also reach in my bag and grab a shirt, pulling it on. I stare at the waves as they crash down, watching the people laughing and smiling, having a great time.

Everytime my friends bring up Beau, they bring him down and hate on him. I don't even know why I'm friends with them. Maybe cause I have no one else.

I hear high pitched laughs coming from next to me and I turn my head.

My heart drops as I see what two girls are watching on their phone.

It's a Janoskians video.

Although I don't see Beau on the screen, I see the other boys. I hear their voices and I close my eyes.

I hear Beau's laugh and my heart aches.

I glance at the screen and see Beau, my face drops. I hear his voice and it hurts me. I tear my eyes away from the phone and walk away from the car. I find my way down to the water as I stand on the shore.

The waves consume my thoughts. Somewhere, far across this ocean, is Beau, and I can't get to him.

I'm startled as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn around to see Kyle at my side. I feel mixed emotions for him, he's changed over these years I've been back, he's nicer. He has his asshole side, but I like it for some reason.

He sighs. "Alex, just forget about that guy from Australia, I know he meant a lot to you, but if he hasn't made the effort to still talk to you, he obviously doesn't care...so why should you?"

All my friends know about Beau so I'm not surprised he brought him up. I shake my head and focus on the waves. "Something just won't let me forget him."

I feel Kyle pull me into him and I give in, resting my head on his shoulder, his head against mine. It's been a while since this has happened.

I just need to find a way to move on, and Kyle might just be the solution.