Chapter 14

~˓●≓▹⊱°⊰◃≓●˒~

~˓●≓▹⊱°⊰◃≓●˒~

|OLIVER'S P.O.V.|

"Thanks, Cody!" I slowly bend my knees, then jerk her hands off my shoulders, dropping her on the seat. Turn around to look, and she doesn't even flinch a bit. Not even this bit... Cody comes running with the bags, then opens the door of the back seat.

"Ye don't have to, you know that," he says as he keeps the bags on the seat.

"No, mate, give that to me," I interrupt, pointing at Bunn's bag. He carefully hands it to me, and I throw it on her chest, which lands on her lap. Let her belongings be with her. I shut the door with a swing. Not my responsibility.

"Thanks, mate!" I say again, giving a light punch to his arm. Cody is our young school guard and does day shifts sometimes. It's been years since we know each other now.

He smiles "Come on."

"Carrying both the bags and her, not possible for me."

I walk around and open my car. I stop looking at him "You know I love you." I say, adding a wink. He rolls his bluish-grey eyes with a snort. I know he doesn't enjoy hearing it from me.

I take a seat, turning around to meet with her sleeping peacefully. Her body tilted to one side on the door. My face falls.

I shut the door, resting my hand on the steering wheel, inhaling till I fill my lungs full and tight, then exhale sharply.

I sigh, "seat belts...."

I lean, extending my hand around her, looking for the seat belt behind, which cuts the distance between us. Thankfully, she is facing the other side, away from me.

My hand searching for it while my face watching her as my brain instructs me to be very careful of something in me that doesn't want her to wake up.

This never happens. I don't know why this is happening now. I am fidgeting with my hand like a fish without water.

And it stops.

When my eyes divert to her hair dark wavy, messy, some that stick to her tanned face with the traces of the sweat that stayed on her temple. My breath blows on her neck unintentionally, which brushes her hair strands away. And she moves,

"fuk."

I shut my eyes, cursing as I feel the shifting. Hoping that her eyes are closed.

My heart beats in the chest with heaviness as I peek with an eye open.

To see her eyes closed. Locked with thick lashes, assuring that they won't open anytime soon, I sigh.

Tracing down, my eyes linger on her lips that are parted where the two rabbit teeth are hiding. I was right.