chapter 3

╍'━~━'╍

An eye-blinding light flashes on my face

An eye-blinding light flashes on my face. "don't worry, I captured it." She lowers her camera, showing her braces. "Another news... oh yes, you'll see it tomorrow", she says. And I give her a confused look.

Valeria grabs my arm, pulling me out somewhere in the corner, "What was that!?"

"What was what?"

"Oh, come on, you know what I'm talking about. It was like crazy!" She says. I'm liking this, this kind of attention. First day and famous. Just pinch me already this is a dream.

I giggle, "thanks."

"This can't be a coincidence. Tell me, I have to know this," she says in a fairly loud whisper.

"Okay, okay, but let's be seated first."

We push past people getting our seats on the second row. She rests her packets of chips and sandwiches on the lap. "Oh God, I just forgot my bag in the class", I say.

"Don't worry, they are safe," she holds both the sandwiches in front of my face. "Which one do you want, this one's got meat and..."

"I am vegetarian."

"... this one- Oh!"

"It's ok, I can have that one", I point at a full sealed packet.

"So, tell me about it", she hands it to me.

"I used to play football before. Talked to our principal, made our girls' team, won few matches..."

"Reeally?" Her eyes widen. "That's so amazing, well you can do that here too, I mean like talking to the principal and all."

"I don't think so, um... this year I'm limiting myself", I sigh. "We have got universities next year, so," A whistle distracts us.

"Your choice", her voice sounds weak, ending our conversation. Good that it did, I don't think much about it now. It is life, we have to sacrifice something.

But I'm not into the game either. I have got this weird feeling in my stomach. Don't know what it is. Guilt about bunking the classes or guilt about bunking classes while I sit here doing what I was told not to. I know I'm away from my home but, even though it's not possible, I have this feeling that I am on watch.

I dryly watch the players. Wondering my eyes rest on the captain. Our eyes meet for a second I feel an electric spark in me. A shock that pulls my eyes away quickly.

Oh, God. Look somewhere else, quickly! Come on, you can do it. Look curtains, dark coloured looks odd on white walls. I tear the packet and gently nudge on that one chip.

In a crowd like this, do you think his eyes are going to set on you? Obviously not. I peak a little, and soon as I do he looks at me. And this time I don't look away.

Don't panic! Just act cool.

I cup my face and rest my elbows on my lap, staring at him. The corner of his lip curved into a smirk. And my elbow almost slips, making him chuckle. He wipes the sweat on the face with the shoulder, finally looking away.

I fill my mouth with chips, munching on it. The rest of the time passes with me digesting the fact that he was watching me the entire time.

The match ends, and everyone leaves the hall. The lights from the windows dim enough to indicate that I have to leave. I move, followed by Valeria. It was a good day so far, but now I have to hurry. We move ahead in the queue, my hand reaching out to the door, pulling it, I walk into someone.

"excuse me!" I say. His age looked around 40 with a little round stomach coming out. Blue cap on the head and stubbled chin.

"could you come with me for a minute?" he clutches on the writing pad, holding it close to his chest. I nod and we walk to the side.

"Hello, I'm the coach, Mr Campbell," We hold the hands.

"Hello, I'm Isha Chowdhury."

"We need a powerful player. And Isha, I think you are the right person for it." Wait, what? This attention thing is going too far. Didn't even realised how it was going to result like this.

"I don't know how you approached football before and how much you know of it. Just say yes, that's all I want to hear. I will train you with other boys."

I know I keep talking about my grandfather. But that's exactly what it is!

Once Abba was singing the praises of my cousin, as usual, saying how good he cooked I don't even remember what exactly, it was that stupid. I was always better than him, or so I thought.

But no matter what I do or achieve, it barely affected my grandpa. I have a respect for Abba, I always will. That was the last time I could tolerate his blabber.

And I don't even think that was too much when I said, 'I think that's essential for everyone to know, Abba, I think you should learn how to cook. Just like I'm good at sports too.'

He was so upset that day, he didn't talk to me for days and I got scolded by my parents. When he finally talked to me he said I am a brat and should not get freedom, I should get grounded especially from the sports or else I will get spoilt. I was a kid, new to India. Wasn't familiar with the rules. Since then, my family was against my football. And I don't want to do any such thing that will ruin what I created in years. Just say no, "I really don't-"

"Take your time, okay?" And he leaves not even letting me answer his 'okay?'

What have I done...

"I heard everything!" Valeria pulls my shoulder turning me to face her, I keep my gaze at the floor.

"You are the luckiest girl I've ever met, you said yes to him, right?" I finally look at her, she's got such a cute smile, don't want to change that. I shake my head 'no'. Quickly disappointing her.

"Why?!"

"See, I already told you I don't want to."

"Do you know what eh' is to play with em'?" She drops her hand from my shoulder. "No, you don't!"

"Okay, calm down. It's not a big deal. And I haven't said a thing yet, I have time."

She huffs dramatically. "Good" she puts her hand back on my shoulder. "Think about it. Anyway, we won't get time after universities." I nod just for the sake of it, while we walk towards the class to pick our bags.

✄-----

Cut to:

-Author's note

Yes, guys, I know It's been once upon a time updating our last chapter. But I am quite busy with... well so much going on. And also it takes me time to write a chapter. I want to show the best of what I can. So here we are. You are reading this means you gave your valuable time to read this one chapter.

Thank you! and to all those who personally are supporting me.

Valeria- Yes, please stay with us, a lot has to come ahead. Might take like... some time for another chapter but we are gonna come back!

author- WHere is Isha?

Valeria- She went home, didn't talk much. what's with her?

author- I know just enough! : P