Chapter 11.

Dedicated To Mel. @MelanyPJOFangirl, Happy Birthday! Love ya loads. Have a magical birthday!

The kingdom of Mechante was one of the oldest kingdoms in all the lands, along with Draylin and Vallan. Known as the three kingdoms with heaven blessed power- magic. Mechante witches, able to cast spells, hexes, and curses. Seelie, who lived in Vallan with their healing powers, and Draylin with their beautiful winged soldiers, super speed and strength, and the moon and starlight magic of the sorceress and sorcerer. The skies which they flew in, the ground where they fought, the flames of the fire which they used to make their weapons, and the oceans which surrounded. Mechante witches did not yield raw power as Draylins did, but they were just as powerful.

Mechante was also not at all what Nysa expected. She had to admit, perhaps her thoughts had been prejudiced considering she hated Lady Jade with a seething passion now, so she had expected dark saves, ruined lands, a ruined land of dark magic, but she had not expected to find them sailing near Mechante, towards a deep forest with rich dark trees, a serene feeling coming over her.

Nysa had two favorite things. Reading books, curled up near a fire cuddled with blankets, and the outdoors, just hanging out in the outdoors, reading amongst the flowers. The feeling she got when they neared Mechnate was the former.

It was beautiful. And a part of her wished it wasn't, so she could hate everything there, but she couldn't. Something about the place called to her. Perhaps it was the sorcery magic inside her.

"Who would have thought great evil lies behind those trees," Killian said dramatically. Maze and she both rolled their eyes.

"Technically Lady Jade is in Draylin," Nysa corrected her and waved a hand at her.

"You say, Moon, I say Stars, same difference."

Mazriel raised an eyebrow. "I don't think it is."

Killian sighed. "Shush both of you, let me hate this place with the vengeance which burns in my blood."

Mazriel snorted.

"Drama queen."

Killian grinned.

The minute Nysa stepped off the ship, onto the land of Mechante, she felt the magic. It felt like a slithering sensation on her body, the dark magic which witches used, creeping up on her like a snake.

"Are you alright dear?," Mazriel asked walking up beside her and the slithering feeling was replaced with warmth up her arm. She felt a tingly sensation that she had never felt in her life in her stomach. She nodded and Killian finished tying the boat to the dock- the boat was apparently not named yet which Killian had mentioned several times although she didn't know why.

The three of them walked along the only path- a cream brick road that led them through the dark forest green trees.

She remembered the human tale which she had read once about a girl in some fictional state called Kansas or something- she had walked down a brick road too.

"Toto, We're not in Kansas anymore," she mumbled to herself, and Mazriel looked at her weirdly.

"What?," he asked, his face laced with confusion. Nysa's lips twitched up. Not many Mythics read human stories but she found them interesting- how wrong some of them wrote the fantasy world, but how beautifully crafted their worlds were.

She admired their imaginations.

"Nothing."

They walked and the wind grew chillier, Nysa shivered- she was starting to hate cold weather.