Chapter 8

When they were on their way back from helping Elisa, Angela had to say, "I wonder why my mother would want to take Brooklyn's baby?"

"Brooklyn has held a grudge against her for so long ever since we woke up here and she used him to get back at me. But I have a feeling she wants to raise up at least one child and teach it to hate humans just as she tried to turn you over to her side, Angela." Goliath explained his thoughts. "But we won't let her have Brooklyn's baby, or any other baby that she plans to do evil with."

Angela understood. But she began to try to formulate a plan in her head to talk to her mother. It had been awhile since Demona had tried to get her to turn against her clan, but this was something that had to be resolved and soon. She didn't want her mother trying to harm Brooklyn again, not in his condition.

..............

After awhile of watching TV and getting bored with it, Brooklyn flipped through some more channels. He soon found a movie called Junior on. He knew of the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger, but had never suspected he would be in a movie like this. As it turned out, instead of him having a wife having a child, it was where he played a man being pregnant himself.

It did get Brooklyn's interest, and some of the conflicts in the movie did make Brooklyn think that he was up against the same thing. He already had been once during his own pregnancy with a maniac scientist. But then, there was the case of who had gotten him pregnant in the first place. What if they would come back for him?

And the ending of when Arnold went into labor startled the red gargoyle. He knew he himself had an artificial womb inside him that was nourishing his baby, but he didn't know if it would affect him like that in the end. It still sent a shiver down his spine, but in the end of the movie, there was a baby girl born. A boy too from a woman. And the relationships in it made Brooklyn long for a female to love him even more.

He sure would love for his child to have a mother to love him or her just as well as him, as the father. And even father her kids someday. He was willing to father more than one, but he didn't think he ever wanted to go through this again.

After the movie was over, Brooklyn felt he was ready to go read more of the book he had been given. He reached over to try to get the remote after having put it down, but then, as he was reaching for it, he suddenly felt a fluttering in his stomach. He had never felt that feeling before.

He tried going for it again and he felt it again. He looked down at his belly. "I hope I'm not hurting you for reaching over like this, little one." Brooklyn said. "But I need the remote." He finally reached over and got the remote to turn off the TV.

He pulled himself to his feet and he felt the fluttering again. It made him put a hand to his belly. Even at this early stage in the pregnancy, he had also noticed other changes in his body too, aside from his stomach. His chest felt weird, like it could be changing, and his skin seemed to feel smoother, softer. His moods most of the time seemed happier when he wasn't under stress.

"Come on, Bronx. You want to join me in my room?" Brooklyn asked the gar-dog.

Bronx perked up. He started begging.

"What? Are you hungry again? Alright. I guess I am too." Brooklyn said and they went to the kitchen. He got a good sized hunk of meat out of the freezer and put it in the oven to warm up a bit. Then he got some bread and ham and turkey and cheese, plus putting mayonnaise on it. He had made himself a sandwich. He also gave a few pieces of ham to Bronx.

When the meat was done cooking, it wasn't too hot. Brooklyn took it out and he fed it to the gar-dog.

"Brooklyn, you could have asked for help if you wanted to cook a meal." A voice came from behind him. It was Owen. It had startled the red gargoyle. Bronx went on eating.