Chapter 12

A couple more weeks went by and Brooklyn had finally seen enough of the building, and he knew where he was going to make his escape from. He had found a weak spot in the roof of the dome he had been allowed in. It was in the ceiling, high up. Brooklyn just hoped he didn't have a tracking device on him. As he was preparing for his escape, he felt all over his body to make sure he didn't have one on him. He felt no odd placements under his skin, so maybe he didn't have any?

Brooklyn was tired of all the things Vincent was ordering from him from the exercises and such. He was forced to do them, whether he wanted to or not. He didn't like the man or his team looking at his baby. Vincent had even had an amnio test done on him too, to want to check for any abnormalities that might have been absent before. Brooklyn hadn't liked that and had had to be restrained.

He knew he had been here in Ohio for over six weeks, but he had had to bide his time carefully, to find a way out. He had found one, and was going to take it the next time he was in the dome.

He could feel the weight inside his stomach was increasing more and more with every week, and the swelling was very noticeable. He had to also get away before he got too heavy to glide. Brooklyn didn't know if he would be able to glide accurately if he had too much weight in his stomach. He knew Broadway glided that way, but he was just obese, not pregnant. In his case, it was just temporary.

One day, on his way to do his exercise in the pool, Brooklyn asked, "How far into Ohio am I?"

"Dayton." the guard replied.

"But how far in is it?"

"It's more toward the most west section. Now I will tell you no more." the man stated.

Brooklyn knew at this point that he was going to be in for a long flight. It wasn't too far like California or Florida was, at least. It might just take a couple nights worth of gliding to get home. Maybe three depending on his energy level.

The next night was when he was taken to the dome to exercise his wings again. Brooklyn had no cuffs or anything on him. The dome was pretty high up. He was happy to get the air under his wings and he went around in circles a few times to make sure he wasn't being watched securely.

Two guards stood watch from below. They had stun guns on them if needed. Sometimes they got to talking with each other and it distracted them.

Brooklyn noticed they weren't really watching him tonight after they thought he was going to be gliding for awhile. He smirked and went to the weak spot in the ceiling. He began pulling at it with all he had in him. He grunted at the weight it was. Pieces of the concrete began to fall to the floor as rocks.

The piece finally came loose and Brooklyn let it drop to the ground. When the rock hit the floor, it got the guards' attention. They looked up and the gargoyle was trying to get out!

"Hey! Get back in here!" one ordered.

Brooklyn wasn't listening.

"We will fire if you don't get down here now!" the other warned.

His wings were at his sides as he hurried to get out of the tiny hole in the ceiling of the dome. It had been just small enough to get his body and his especially his belly, through. He had had to pull himself hard to get out. But now, he was free!

An alarm began going off in the building. Brooklyn heard it and he knew he had to get out of here before he was recaptured.

Brooklyn stood up and spread his wings before jumping off the roof. He didn't care where he was going right now. He would figure out where he was later. He just wasn't staying in this hell hole any longer. He was lucky he had found that weak spot in the ceiling.