☯︎ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx☯︎

darkness

darkness. darkness is all i see right now. I look around trying to make out my surroundings. I figured that I'm on a skiff considering that im standing on a wood like boat? It's dark. I like it dark but why is it dark. I hear a voice. Its eerily familiar. Its aleksander's voice. I'd know it anywhere. I have figured right now that I'm on a skiff. Aleksander is in it. I try focusing my vision trying to figure out my other surroundings. As my vision has focused and became accustomed to the darkness and light has made it's way into my sight, I find nobles soldiers and grisha. If aleks is here something must be happening. He doesnt board skiff's because he is a beacon to the darkening and swirling shadows that are a creation of his. I have just noticed that alina is standing beside aleks. Something catches my attention on alina's neck -the star's antlers - That's impossible. If alina is on the skiff, nobles are on the skiff too. Does that mean the scene is where alina supposedly 'banishes the fold'? I assume so. I look around some more and find alina's ankle is chained to the surface of the skiff. It doesnt work? The plan, it doesnt work. If alina is chained, it means she is here against her will. So she doesnt accept to expand the fold? Well, no what do I know? This could all be a dream. Maybe. Then alina's light bursts and covers the skiff as a shield from the volcra. I find a boy lurking and crouching trying to stay hidden. A glint catches my attention and I find a dagger in his hand. His gaze is fixed on aleksander. Within a split of second the boy throws the dagger in aleksander's way, the dagger pierces through aleksander's stomach. I let out a piercing scream.

I jolt up in my sleep, panting and sweating. Aleksander next to me wakes up and furrows his eyebrows.

"You okay, love?" He asks worry etched on his facial expression.

"I- yeah yeah um just a bad dream, heh" I said in a nervous tone. It's just a dream. Or more likely a nightmare.

I stand up to go get a cup of water as my throat is sore from the lack of water.

"Where are you going?" Aleks asks

"No where just going to get a cup of water" I answer. Giving him a small smile.

After I have gotten up to get water I go back to aleksander's room,only to find the bed empty. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I go to the war room and find no one is there. I go back to his bedroom and call out his name

"Aleksander?"
"Aleks"

"In here love" his voice echoes out of the bathroom. I go to the source of his voice and find out he drawing out a bath.
"Aleks what are you doing?" I ask confusion and amusement evident on my face. Amused by the fact that THE darkling is drawing a bath and confused at the same time why.

He looks up at me and smirks
"Well I decided to draw you a bath since you stay having nightmares" he answers while striding in my direction. As he reaches where I am standing, he snakes his arms around my waist and looks down at me.

"Oh, well thank you, moi sovyerni" I say in a teasing manner while looking up at him, grinning.

He raises and eyebrow of amusement.

"The bath is going to get cold right now if we stay standing like this, wont it?" I state.

"Oh yes" he says then removes his hands from my waist, the warmth his arms has given, leaving.

I start removing my night wear while walking towards the drawn and hot bath. Half way through removing my clothes, I look back at aleksander and smirk.
"You know you are welcome to join me" I raise a suggestive eyebrow.

"Is that so" he teases, while starting to remove his own night wear. While he was busy removing his clothe I have dipped my feet into the hot water, my body following later. My limbs relax as the water engulfs them. Aleks then follows my movements, while I make space for him to get behind me. His chest now facing my back. His arms circle my waist,while I let my head fall against the crook of his neck.

"Aleks" I say, he lets out a hmm in response.
"My dreams, well nightmares." I say while taking a deep breath remembering the nightmare that felt so real.

"Continue love" aleksander says, his thumb stroking my stomach in a soothing manner, sensing my distress.

I exhale then say "it always has something to do with our plan, either with the stag, or with expanding the fold." I look back at the darkling to see his reaction that my words may have given him. He looks down at me in confusion and ushers me to continue with a nod. "This one, we were at a skiff, nobles and grisha were over there. You were there too, alina was standing next to you. She had the stags antlers on her neck. Though she wasn't there on her will. Her ankle was chained onto the skiff's surface. Alina let's out a light shielding the skiff. Then when you wanted to expand the fold and use alina's power, a boy." I let out a shaky breath remembering the vivid scene. "A boy throws a dagger at you and it goes through your stomach." I say recalling the awful nightmare. Awful because I cant imagine losing aleksander.

I look at aleksander just to find him deep in thought. I nudge him and he snaps out of his trance.
"You dont think those dreams mean something. Do you aleks?" I ask.

"I dont know my love, dreams sometimes mean something, sometimes it is simply a dream." He says.

"Dont think much about it darling" he says trying to reassure me. I nod my head then start to get out of the bath considering it has gotten cold. Aleksander follows my movements. We start wearing our formal clothe considering the day has started and we need to go fulfill our duties.

~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update. I dont think this is a really important chapter. Please vote and tell me what you think about my writing.
I also wanted to say not all the scenes and phrases are correct according to the series, because I dont remember it clearly anyways byee!

~~~~~~~~
《Edited》