meow

y/n sighed. another stupid day of another stupid week in her stupid fucking dead-end job. the only thing that could make her happy was a call from him.

she dreamt about him while she typed absent-mindedly at her computer. his plate shaped, slightly off-center ears. his beautiful, black, beady little rat eyes. his giant feet. everything about him was so...

alluring.

she had loved him ever since eighth grade. y/n decided that, at the end of the year, she'd confess to him. but then he hooked up with the school whore, minnie mouse, and had been in a relationship with her ever since.

y/n's health went on a downward spiral, and she ended up abandoning her dreams of becoming a doctor to work as an accountant at scociabank. and they didn't even give her fucking health benefits.

she sighed. if only mickey would rescue her from her job, like a knight rescuing a princess from the clutches of an evil banking company.

and then, as if joel answered her prayers, y/n's phone went off. it was him.

mickey mouse.

a rush of serotonin flowed through her as she hurriedly answered her cell, holding it up to her ear. y/n brushed a h/c strand of hair behind her ear, before murmuring, "hello?"

"y/n..." came the reedy, high-pitched, sultry voice. but something in his ear-bleeding tone sounded... sad.

"what's up mickey? is everything okay?" y/n asked, concern seeping into her speech.

there was a small chuckle on the other end of the line. "no... nothing's okay, y/n. everything's horrible. my life is ruined."

"oh my god, mickey, what happened?" y/n gasped. she rose from her chair, packing her work stuff up. "i'm coming to your house."

"t-thank you... huh-hah..." there was a muffled sob on mickey's side, and y/n's stomach dropped. what exactly had happened to mickey??

"i'm just leaving now." y/n spoke calmly into the phone as she exited scociabank. her heart was beating fast and her palms were sweaty. "mickey, can you please say what happened? i'm really worried."

"i'll tell you when you get here. please hurry, y/n..." and then the line went dead.

by the speed y/n was going, her license should have been revoked. she was extremely lucky that the police were too busy incarcerating innocent people to worry about actually dangerous people like her.

she sighed in relief as mickey's field came into view. in her rush, she tore up the lawn as she carreened into the grass, but she didn't care. y/n exited her car, and walked into the middle of the field.

"meeska mooska... mickey mouse." y/n whispered breathlessly. the clubhouse immediately came into view, and she stalked up to the door, slamming it open.

a robotic mouse-shaped thing floated up to her, wriggling happily. y/n growled in frustration as it blocked her from getting to mickey.

"not now, toodles!" y/n snarled, and punched toodles, who hit the floor and shattered into a million pieces. y/n didn't care. she just wanted to get to her beloved mickey.

she walked up to his room, and tentatively knocked on the door. "mickey..?" she mumbled nervously. "can i come in?"

there was a quiet, "yes" on the other side of the door, and y/n inhaled before turning the knob.

when she opened the door, she was met with only darkness. when her eyes finally adjusted to the shadows, she saw mickey in the corner of the room, hunched over.