This is the picture that inspired this writing

Jaren, a little boy with a bright imagination. He always believed in fairy tales. His dad knew it would just be a phase and soon Jaren would forget things like mermaids and wizards.

"Whoooosh!" Said Jaren as he ran around the yard, pretending to be a super hero. "Time to eat lunch. Grab your cape from the deck." Calls out Jaren's dad. "Got it!" Said Jaren, picking out his toys from the yard.

"What did you make?" Jaren asked as he sat at the table. "Soup, eat up!" His dad replied, noticing the mermaid toy in his son's hand. "Jaren, put that away." He said. Jaren shook his head, "Lucinda likes to have company." Jaren's dad didn't wanna argue so he just smiles and nodded.

Jaren slurps up the last bit of soup in his bowl. He puts the bowl in the sink and taps his sad on that shoulder. "Yes?" He asked. "Are we doing anything today?" Jaren asked. "Do you wanna go to the aquarium?" Jaren nodded quickly, "Yes! I love seeing all of the cute fishes!" Jaren smiles, as he puts on his yellow boots to leave. The both of them get into the car to get to the aquarium.

When they get there, they buy tickets and explore.
After seeing how amazed Jaren was, his dad decided to buy him his very own pet fish.

"Really?!" Jaren asked. His dad nodded and Jaren jumped up and down. After they leave the fun-filled aquarium that they spent 4 hours at, they head over to the pet shop.

Jaren looks all around seeing so many adorable fish everywhere. He finally narrowed his options down and decided on a fish.

"I want that one!" Said Jaren. His dad asked the employee to get it for them, putting it into a fish bag with some water.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Take my credit card, and give it to that lady over there, and pay for your fish and the tank." Said Jaren's dad. "Ok dad!" He said. He does as he's told.

After purchasing the fish and tank, Jaren walks around the store a bit more. He wanted to see every kind of fish. As he was walking, you came across this small pathway that leaded to a back room. There were more unique fish in this hidden area. As he looked around, he didn't believe his eyes when he saw a mermaid right in-front of him.

Jaren runs over the her. He puts his hand on the glass. "Hi! Are you real?!" Jaren asked. The mermaid nodded, "Very real." He smiled as he showed her the fish that he was getting. "That's so cool! Make sure to take care of your fish." She said.

"I knew mermaids were real! My dad would finally believe me!" Jaren giggled as he ran out of the small room to find his dad. "DAD!" Jaren called out. His dad turned around. "There you are! Where did you go, I was worried. It's been like 10 minutes." Jaren's dad.

Jaren held on to his dad's finger as he led him to the small room with the mermaid. Jaren was running so fast that he fell. "Are you alright?" His dad asked. He nodded.

"Look dad! A mermaid!" Jaren said pointing one of the tanks. "There's noting there. Did you hit your head to hard? I think you had a busy day, we should head home." Jaren's dad said.

"Dad, it's right there!" Still pointing at what seems to be an empty tank to Jaren's dad, but not for Jaren. As his dad picked up the fish and tank, Jaren whispered to the mermaid. "My dad can't see you! How?" Jaren asked. "Only the ones who truly believe will get to see me." The mermaid said, smiling as she puts her hand to the glass, "Thanks for believing." She said. Jaren puts his hand on the glass and smiles. Soon after, Jaren' dad carries him back to the car after an eventful day.