New Friend?

"And Evelyn Zamora?"

Evie raised her hand and Ms. Simmons marked her down.

Ring!

"All right well it looks like your free to go. Have a good rest of your day!"

Ms. Simmons voice disappeared in the hallway as the girls raced out of the front door of the school. Mary Anne and Evie were walking out of the school doors, trying to decide what to do next.

"Ok ok, so what should we do cause my dad doesn't get home till seven today so-"

"Mary Anne!"

Oh shit.

"Kristy?"

Mary Anne turned around to see not only Kristy but the entire Babysitters Club walking down the stairs to her.

"Who's this?"

Mary Anne looked back at Evie to see her staring down Kristy.

"This is my friend Evie."

Kristy glanced between the two girls. Stacy and Claudia were whispering to one another and Dawn was staring directly at Mary Anne.

"Are these the "friends" you told me about Mary Anne?"

Mary Anne nods.

"Yeah, that's Claudia and Stacey. That's Dawn, the one I told you about? And Kristy, my best friend."

Evie stepped forward, getting close to Kristys face. Mary Anne could barely breathe at the sight of her two worlds colliding.

"Your cute, I'm Evie."

Evie held out her hand giving Kristy a smile. Kristy seemed thrown off by the sudden change of emotion but shook Evies hand nonetheless. Kristy lets go and looks over to Mary Anne.

"Mary Anne we have a meeting today, remember?"

Shit.

"Right! Um I'm sorry Kristy but I can't go today."

"Why? Mary Anne your the secretary and we can't do much of a meeting without you."

"Your just gonna have to try. I have to...show Evie around town."

Mary Anne slipped her hand into Evies and put up their intertwined hands.

"Ok bye!"

Mary Anne quickly walked away, her and Evie laughing as they escaped the girls.

"Mary Anne?!"

The girls kept running until they were atleast two blocks from the school. Evie reached into her pocket pulling out her pack of cigarettes handing one to Mary Anne. Mary Anne took out her stolen pink lighter and lights the stick, feeing the same intoxicating feeling. Watching as the smoke fell off her lips was probably the most addictive part to Mary Anne. Evie had lit her cigarette as well and seemed to be lost in thought.

"How about I meet your dad?"

Mary Anne froze in her spot. Evie? Meeting her Dad? H e l l  n o.

"Absolutely not!"

"Weren't you the one that set those "rules" for me to follow?"

"Well yeah but that was supposed to be later not this soon!"

"Relax Mary Anne, I can act like a good girl for a while."

But looking at Evie, that seemed impossible. From her tongue piercing to the...everything about her, Mary Anne's dad would immediately not allow the girls to hang out.

"You know how you told me about your dad trying to be more...relaxed?"

"Yeah?"

"We can use that to our advantage. Like your other friend Dawn, she's from California and your friends with her."

Mary Anne snickered.

"Well that's because my dad and her mom are highschool sweethearts."

"Still, people like your dad think that people from California are "loose" and "wild" and if you really convince him I'm a good kid then he'll look past all of that."

Mary Anne knew it wouldn't be an easy feat but she could definitely use her dads trust in her to make him like or atleast let her hang out with Evie.

"Alright I'll try."

Evie smiled and put out her cigarette.

"Yes! You said your dad won't be home till later so let's run over to your place."

The girls immediately took off racing, trying to see who could get there first. Evie won, obviously, and Mary Anne sprinted up the steps with her keys in hand. She opened the door and almost passed out. Her dad was sitting in the couch, just as surprised as she was.

"Mary Anne? Who's this?"

Her father stood up, trying to get a complete look of Evie. Fuck her life.

"This is my new friend Evie. She just moved here from California."

Evie stepped forward and gave her father a smile. Oh this was gonna crash and burn.

"It's lovely to meet you Mr.Spier. Mary Anne has been super nice to me and made me feel welcome at school. Cause I'm from California I'm a little different but Mary Anne's just so kind."

What the fuck is happening?

"Oh well that's very nice to hear. Are you planning on staying for dinner?"

Evie shakes her head.

"My aunt needs me home. To help with moving and taking care of my little cousin."

Evie turns around and hugs Mary Anne. But Mary Anne doesn't miss the wink she gives her and smiles.

"Bye Mary Anne!"

The door shuts behind her and their left alone.

"I decided to come home early, felt like being fun for once."

Mary Anne laughs and hugs her dad. Thank goodness he was an idiot.