New Look

"How so?"

Evie patted the bed and Mary Anne sat. She watched as Evie pulled out eyeliner, lip gloss, mascara and a small dollar store looking makeup pallet.

"I'm gonna make you hot. Well hotter then before but you get it."

Mary Anne wasn't sure about it. All of the makeup looked awfully dark and black. But she wasn't the expert, Evie was. So she took off her glasses and let Evie work her magic. Evie sat next to her on the bed and began to work. First she applied some dark eyeshadow to Mary Anne's eyes with her finger. Then she started to paint on the eyeliner. It felt wet and Mary Anne tried her best not to move. After Evie applied the mascara to Mary Anne's eyes getting closer and closer. Mary Anne began to feel it again. Eve is finally took out the lipgloss and applied it to Mary Anne's lips.

"All alright pretty lady, take a look."

Mary Anne stood up and walked to her mirror. She looked amazing, like she was straight out of a Pinterest board. But her clothes didn't match her face, and Evie seemed to read her mind.

"Do you have a old pair of jeans and a t-shirt you don't care about?"

Mary Anne rummaged through her dresser to find a pair of jeans that were too big on her but was never taken back, and a band tee that Dawn had gotten her as a gift.

"Perfect. Now do you have a pair of scissors?"

Mary Anne grabbed a pair from inside her desk and handed them to Evie. She watched as Evie made a cut and began to rip up the jeans. Then Evie held up the band tee, trying to figure out a way to cut it. Evie began to cut a inch under the band logo creating a crop top.

"Do you have a belt?"

Mary Anne went into her closet and pulled out a plain black belt her dad had gotten her years ago.

"A bit plain but we'll make it work."

Evie picked up the jeans, shirt, and belt holding them out to Mary Anne.

"Go try it on."

Mary Anne took the clothes and quickly changed in the bathroom across the hall. She slowly walked back over to her room to find Evie on her phone waiting for her.

"Oh my god."

Evies eyes were huge and she had a huge smile painted on her face. She got up from the bed to stand in front of Mary Anne, admiring her work.

"You should take a look in the mirror."

Evie stuck her thumb out to the mirror behind her and moved so Mary Anne could see. Mary Anne didn't even recognize herself. She looked skinner, taller, older. Like a grunge girl she swore she had on one of her Pinterest boards.

"Do you have any contacts?" Evie asked from behind her.

Mary Anne ran back to the bathroom and found the pack of contacts that she kept there, but never had to courage to use. When she ran back over, Evie took the contacts and pulled Mary Anne close. Evie pulled out on contact that placed it on Mary Anne's eye. Evie repeated the same for the other one. Mary Anne took a moment to blink and adjust to the contacts in her eyes. When the blurry ness finally disappeared she saw Evie rapidly texting someone, smiling down at her phone.

"Ready to go?"

"Go where, I'm still trying to see two feet infront of me."

Evie laughed and grabbed her jacket she had discarded at some point in her stay.

"Put some sneakers on, we're going back to the park."