43: Guryen Volcano

A volcano.

This was the place the group was currently. The Great Dungeon of the Guryen Volcano. This volcano was located in the north of the Ancadi Duchy and was very dangerous.

Unlike the Orcus Dungeon, the Guryen Dungeon was not famous among mercenaries. This was because the Magic Beasts in this place didn't drop magic stones, so the mercenaries didn't see any gain here. In addition, this volcano was difficult to access.

Around the Volcano were several sandstorms and gigantic creatures that looked like worms. However, the group got through this easily.

As they passed through the sandstorms, they spotted an aging looking entrance.

"There is no wind here. It's like the spring."

"Hm? Really..."

Tio and Shia commented as they got out of the car. The others also agreed with Tio's observation. This place really was less hectic than the outside. They then moved toward the entrance. They approached it and saw a staircase leading down to some place. Something they noticed as they approached the stairs was....

"It's hot..."

"Yeah, that's pretty uncomfortable."

"Even though I feel comfortable here... I can't wait to feel in agony for heat."

"Don't worry Tio Then I'll throw you into the magma."

Shia and Sakura complained about the heat, but Tio who was a dragon had high heat resistance. Chloe and Rimuru had temperature resistance abilities and hadn't even noticed until the others commented.

"Well, since that's the case let's finish this Dungeon quickly."

"Yes!"

"Let's go."

"Come on!"

"Only if it's now."

Hajime encouraged and the others were also excited. Everyone entered the dungeon.

●●●

The interior of the Guryen Dungeon was quite different from Orcus.

The main change was the structure. Lava flowed through some holes in the wall and in some parts there were small puddles of lava. Some parts of the floor were traps that if stepped on would sink into the lava.

Monsters appeared from the walls or the lava and most of them had magma bodies. This was no big deal. However the worst thing was...

"That's hot. Haaaa..."

"Haaa... I can't take it anymore, Haaaa..."

Everyone was very hot. This heat was very strong and caused sweating and inattention. This made traps and monsters that attacked by surprise much more difficult.

Every now and then they would stop to rest and use ice magic to cool themselves down. Rimuru could protect them from the cold, but he didn't because of something Ciel said before they left Ancadi.

The group had already descended 5 floors and that's when Rimuru noticed something.

"Isn't that the Serene Stone over there?"

"Hm? Ah, that's right."

"Let's collect it then."

Rimuru pointed to a small stone glowing red on the wall. Hajime agreed with his words because the stone matched the description Randzi had told them. Yue told them to collect the stone and Rimuru then put the stone away in the infinity space.