The Dark Beast

Triumphant fire burned in the eyes of the Princess of Hyrule. Glowing eyes of evil held a steady hate for her that burned through her delicate soul. But eventually the hate bowed down before her superior power which held the key to its prison. A sparkling gold light flew from her hand to seal the evil that had plagued her land.

It screamed and howled in pain as the power locked the menace in an exiled land that was designed to contain its wretched hate. The hate burned into the ashes of the once great land, marking the soil where it once had claimed the land. Now it was nothing but a dust fluttering to beyond where trial awaited to pronounce its sentence of 'forever'.

The Princess, bruised with grief and sorrow withdrew her hand and placed it over her heart which still thumped with terror. Closing her eyes, she took an overdue sigh of exhaustion and let her once fiery power sink back into the palm of her hand.

A moment of silence took place where the beast had been sealed forevermore. Though she knew too well 'forever' was a short time for an immortal evil that's sole purpose was to live on its malice.

For a fleeting moment, a comfortable silence settled around her. All too soon the silence was shattered as she felt a familiar set of eyes on her. A hoarse chuckle escaped her tightly held lips. For the first time in 100 hundred years she let a sound pass them.

The Princess twirled around in her graceful white laced dress that held the years of old within its very fabric. As she turned, her luminous eyes meet her hero's star struck gaze.

Link, the Hero, gazed at her in all her glory. To Hyrule they would see an exhausted, tired and weak princess. But to him, Link saw the girl that he had come to save.

His princess.

Zelda, the Princess of Hyrule let a weak smile tug at the corner of her lips. It had been too long since she had seen her dear friend again.

Without any hesitation, she took a step forward in the lush grass. Sparkling hope in her eyes had returned but pinches of wisdom was sprinkled within. Zelda would forever bear the scars of the past and her Hero would be told the tales of what he could never recall.

It had been far too long, and she intended to make up for all those long years without him.

Though she spoke too soon...

A sudden burst of black and red malice spewed from her sealing hand. It spiraled upwards, darkening the seeping orange light from the joyous skies. The sun was a thing of the past as the malice sped across the skies, blanketing any chance for light to reach its bright hand through.

Instead, a hand dripping with malice reached out from the vile cloud of malice. This hand wrapped itself around her neck. Zelda's breathing quickened and she frantically clawed at the merciless hand. Tears streamed out of the corner of her eyes. With all the strength she could muster, she tried to hold out her own powerful sealing hand to protect herself but to no avail. All that her power had done was flicker weakly and ebb away. Her sealing power was gone, turned into dust thanks to the century of war.

A fast-paced set of crunching boots tore through the dark stricken grounds. A zing of a sword fond of tasting revenge brandished in the air. Courage had seeped into her heart and polished her hope.

It was Link.

Unfortunately her Hero at that very moment was flung across the field by a vine of malice that had reached down from the sickening skies. To flick her savoir away from her as though he was a pest. Defeated, the great Hero of Hyrule never had a chance.

"Ah, if it isn't the pitiful princess."

The pitiful princess of Hyrule, searched the arena with wide eyes but found no owner of the voice.