Chapter 3 Adrien

*Agreste Mansion, Dining Room*

Gabriel, Emilie and Adrien were eating. Emilie noticed the worried look at Adrien.

"Adrien. Is something the matter?" Emilie asks.

Gabriel looks at Adrien. Adrien sighs.

"Yeah. is the hierarchy system really that awful?" Adrien asks.

Adrien and Emilie look at each other and back to Adrien.

"I see you seen... how it works at the school." Gabriel says.

"Yeah. There's this girl in my class who gets bullied a lot." Adrien says.

"How unfortunate for her. Low-tiers are always targeted by the strong." Gabriel says.

"People keep calling her a cripple which confuses me." Adrien says.

"Why would that be confusing?" Emilie asks.

"Because the ability gauger said that Marinette is a 1.4. And cripples are 1.0." Adrien says.

"She could be a late-bloomer. Her ability is beginning to manifest." Gabriel says.

"You seem to care for this girl. Do you happen to have a crush?" Emilie smiled.

"M-Mother! Of course I don't! She's just a friend." Adrien says with a tiny blush.

A/N: Man, I should smack-

Every reader who heard/read this line:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

A/N: And back to the story

Emilie giggles. "Sure. But if you really care about this girl so much. Get to know her better. Who knows. You might actually like what she holds truly as a person."

Adrien nods with a smile. "I will."

The three get back to eating.

.
.
.