Chapter 8 Turf Wars: The Battle Against Wellston

*Hospital, Night*

Adrien was holding Marinette's hand. "I should've pursue you still... Maybe if I hold you in place, you wouldn't be here..."

Adrien looked at Marinette as she was resting. Marinette look so peaceful when she was sleeping. Adrien sighs as he stands.

"What kind of friend am I to let this happen to you?" Adrien look sad.

.
.
.

*Françoise Dupont High School, The Next Day*

Students were talking about what happened to Marinette

Students were talking about what happened to Marinette. The car stops and Adrien comes out of the car. Adrien walk up the stairs.

"Hey. Did you hear what happened to that cripple yesterday?" a male student asks.

"Yeah. She got hit by the car. I'm surprised she is still alive." the female student says.

"I heard Adrien was worried about that cripple." a second female says.

"What is it about her that is so special? She's a cripple." the third female groans.

Adrien wasn't in the mood so he ignored the talk.

*Classroom*

"Good morning class." Ms.Bustier says as she walks in the class.

"Good morning Ms.Bustier." the class respond.

"I'm sure all of you have heard what happened to Marinette. She was hit by the car and is in the hospital." Ms.Bustier says.

The class was chattering.

"But luckily, she miraculously survived. Marinette is a lucky girl." Ms.Bustier says with a happy tone.

"Ms.Bustier! Do you think her ability could've help her survive?" Alya asks.

Ms.Bustier look surprised for Alya to ask that. The class look confused.

"W-Well... I'm not so sure. Marinette had no sign of her ability showing." Ms.Bustier says. "So I don't think it would be possible."

'So it seems the new girl is aware of Marinette's ability.' Chloe thinks as she glances at Alya.

'Dammit! I thought I would've gotten some clues.' Alya thinks as she rubs her chin.

'Why would she ask that?' Adrien wonders.

"Also, we got news that Wellston has accepted the Turf War challenge." Ms.Bustier says.

"Who's brilliant idea was it to challenge the top ranking school to Turf Wars?" Chloe asks in annoyance.

The class looks at Alix and Kim. The two chuckle nervously.

"Ugh! Whatever." Chloe rolls her eyes as she crosses her arms.

"Good luck to the royals." Ms.Bustier says. "Now, let us start class."