|5| THE CURSED ONES OF THEM ALL

NINE YEARS OLD NOAH didn't enjoy parties all that much. Very unlike his best friend Cami, who loved them with all her might.

Now why shouldn't she? Girls get to dress up pretty on parties afterall. And she had way too many dresses to flaunt anyways.

So as all the royal kids attended the wedding ceremony of the siren queen and the demon king, Noah sat next to Cami with a bored look on his face while everyone had their eyes glued to the bride and the groom on the alter.

"Noah." Cami's voice snapped Noah out of his boredom making the boy turn to her with sparkling green eyes like that of his father's.

"What, Cam?" He asked the werewolf princess.

"What if I never find my mate?" Cami's big blue eyes settled on her friend with worry marring her face, "Will I never get married? Or get to dress up like that?" She pointed a finger at the siren queen.

Noah's eyes sweeps from Cami to the bride on the altar dressed up in her all bridal glory from head to toe. For him, the gown his friend wore and the bride wore looked all the same. Gowns and tulle and flowery headbands. Just the veil was missing. But it could be bought, no? Was marriage necessary?

Noah tilts his head in confusion as they snap back to his best friend, "Can't you dress up like that without having to marry?" He was genuinely curious.

Cami rolled her eyes at his words, "No, I can't. There would be no emotion!"

"And it is bad?" Noah asked with wide eyes.

Seeing Cami nod vehemently made Noah fear her head would pop out of her neck with the effort she put.

Bringing his hand forward, he held her face so she'd stopping shaking her head so brutally. Cami stared at him before her eyes widened as an idea popped into her head.

She held Noah's face the same way he did and leveled her eyes straight to his, "Will you marry me?"

Noah blinked and then blinked again. He heard someone choke on water behind him but his shocked eyes were set on Cami.

"What?" He asked staring back at her blue eyes.

Cami's eyes were googly as she said, "If I don't find my mate, will you marry me?"

This time, Noah finally understood her words so he took his hands off Cami's face and inched back.

"Why not?" He shrugged, "It's not like I have a mate to wait for anyways. I'm cursed, remember?"

As if to emphasize his point, he gestured at his ashen white hair which used to be midnight coloured once, before he'd accidentally released a spirit and gotten cursed.

Cami took into his hair. She actually liked the new colour. It suited her friend. But she also knew her friend well enough to know he hated it. Not because of the colour but because it reminded him of what danger he'd caused by releasing the spirit in his stupidity. Although she didn't consider it stupid. He'd done it out of goodwill and a soft heart, only it didn't turn out the way it should have.

Slowly in understanding, she nodded her before grabbing his hand and placing it on his chest. Noah looked at her in a confuzzled state.

"It's a best friends promise then." Cami grinned up at him, "Cross my heart and hope to die."

Noah's own lips pulled into a slow smile, "Cross my heart and hope to die."

He laughed as Cami patted his head appreciatively and flanked her arm over his shoulder in a side hug.

Behind the two, Andrea and Charles sat staring at their friends with big wide eyes.

When Andrea noticed Charles' drink all over his shirt and his mouth open like a fish, gaping at Cami and Noah in the front, she rolled her eyes.