-𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠-

꧁𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑡꧂

"Hey brat, meet me at the park bench at noon, don't let your ass be late." He teased.

Getting out of your bed to get ready, you placed the call on speaker.

"Yeah alright, let me get dressed, later short stack."

"Bye brat."

As friends, you teased each other a lot. He called you brat for your attitude and you called him short stack for his...well.......lack in the height department.

People come and go. Only the lucky ones have their person stay. At the beginning, neither of you thought about the end.

It was love at it's finest.

Becoming from friends to lovers. Some may say those relationships last a life time.

Maybe they did.

Just not yours.

You had your suspicions. He would kiss you less and less. Each time the words "I love you" left his mouth it sounded as if he was hesitant, unlike all those years ago where it would sound booming with love and passion.

Neither of you had any regrets.

The times you spent together were worth it.

"Hey babe, I ordered Chinese food since I didn't have time to cook."  Grabbing his cheeks with your hands, you brought his lips down to yours.

He giggled at the act, knowing damn well you would always do this each time he would come home.

"Yeah that's fine princess, also, four eyes and Erwin are coming later."

"Yeah I don't mind."

As lovers, you teased each other a lot. However, the terms of endearment changed to 'babe' and 'princess'  to show each other love through the simplest things.

As the both of you sat where your relationship began, you conversed about your relationship at it's end.

"Thank you Y/n, I was happy with my times with you. You made me smile, laugh and love. I'm not really good with sappy shit but I really am grateful for you. The years we spent together are probably one of the best years of my life. I loved you, but I think now it's best to go our separate ways. We can't progress if neither of us are willing to put in the effort. I hope you understand."

You knew it was coming, you understood, you accepted it, but still, it hurt so goddamn much.

You both sat at the bench where he confessed his love 7 years ago, not bothering to look at each other knowing you would see tears on the other's faces.

It wasn't the fact that you didn't love each other anymore is what caused you both to feel pain, it was the fact that what was once something good was coming to an end. You'll miss each other as people.

"I understand Levi, I loved you too, so much. I had a wonderful time with you. Thank you for everything. It was an honour, meeting you and spending my life with you."

Getting up, you faced each other, bitter smiles on both your faces.

You weren't gonna make this a sad event, sure a sad thing was happening but you were gonna look at this as a fresh start.

A new beginning.

He pulled you in his embrace for a last hug. You would miss each other's presence and company. Now, it was time to get used to new routines.

He wiped your tears sways as his continued to cascade down his face. His lips met your forehead, both your eyes closing, relishing this final moment.

Finally, he pulled away.

"Bye brat."

He turned around, stepping away from you, prepared for his new start.

You waited until he was far away but still within earshot before you yelled.

"Later short stack!"

Keeping his back turned to you, he raised his arm and made a thumbs up with his hand.

You smiled at the little gesture.

Now you turned around, walking the other way, neither of you looking back, leaving this chapter behind and getting ready, for the new one.

All in good times.