Chapter 10

"What? Tell her to open this door. I don't know why is she even taking your side"

He sauntered towards me and pushed me aside.

"Aunty I'm in here. Please open the door before she does something with me!!" He screamed.

"Hey stop it. Don't speak nonsense" I spoke out flustering.

"Your cheeks and ears are red. Are you seriously planning something?"

"Noooo, Mumma I beg you I really won't leave without informing you. Open the door"

Finally, there was the response from the other side, the latch loosened slowly. It was Arjun and Sanya laughing.

"You both I won't spare you. I'm so hungry and you all want to pull out pranks" I said and walked to the dining area. Dad sat there in one of the chairs, he had warmed food in the microwave. I rushed and sat to have my lunch cum snacks.

"Pavi I got this book from his cupboard, this is so good you ought to read this when you are free. I'm about to finish it soon"

"Ok dad but where's mom?"

"She has gone to the garden area. I feel we should all go to Char Dham yatra after all this, I don't know who's evil eye has fallen on our family"

" I believe we were safe in our house itself"

"I feel the same, take your phone I forgot to give it earlier"

I took the phone, kept it in my pocket and continued,

"Dad, shall we play a game of chess? See that fancy board there "

"Ok sure, it's been a long time playing chess with you"

We took our seats on the longuers out there near swimming pool. And began the game. It was breezy but so pacifying. We talked and laughed a lot, I was glad we had finally our time after so many months. I was reminded of Linda, I miss that crazy girl so much.

My mom came, she brought us tea and snacks. She sat with me and we talked more. Wow, these family moments are so valuable, do cherish every minute with them.

"Can I join as well?"

"Of course Kishan. It's your house after all we were just talking"

"You all look so happy. I hope I had such family time as well"

"But Jay, your family is so well off. You guys perhaps have had more fun and travel than us"

"Can I sit by your side uncle?"

"Yes why not"

"No, I might have visited many countries but I don't have any memorable family time"

"Don't cry, we are here with you" mom said as she stood by him and rubbed his back.

He used to come to our home almost every week for that ... I feel guilty now, I swore him all this time.
My mom had found her 'lost' son.

"Let's give them space, Pavi come"

"No, no uncle I'm sorry to have interrupted your happy time. Thank you aunty but I think I should leave"

"Where did Arjun and Sanya go JK?"

"They went to my parent's place. My parents wanted them there" He said wipping his tears.

"Dad can we cook our special dish today"

"Fantastic! I wanted to taste that dish again. It's so exotic and delicious I love-
I'm sorry"

"That's fine, I too love what they make. Your hair seems so dry beta let me give you hot oil massage by then"