2.

He sprinted fast towards the stroller as if his own life depended on it and gripped the handle with his big hands.

It halted with a screech just as the front wheels of stroller came on edge of curb of the road.

Phew .
It was scary.
But thankfully the man has saved the baby .

Today , not only I did my job , I saved a baby , indirectly.

Yay !

I was proud of myself.

I am so quick witted ,  I thought , feeling smug.

Some seconds later , the brunette girl reached where the man and stroller were standing , her hands on her knees and head down panting .

" Thank you so much , Sir. You saved my baby ." She said looking up , her big brown eyes glistening with tears and gratitude .

She straightened up and lifted the crying baby from the stroller in her arms .

Kissing the little brown head , she started rocking the baby boy side to side and smiling at the tall man in front of her , showing her dimples , in the process.

I couldn't see the expression of man as his back was facing to me ,
he just dropped his cigarette and put out the burning end crushing it with his right foot.

Suddenly , all the honking and rumbling sounds from cars stopped ,and all cars came to stand still at their location .

The cry from the baby also stopped , he becoming still as a statue in hands of his mother who also became still.

A passerby few feets near , sipping something from his Starbucks cup also halted , his right foot still in the midair above the pavement ,

a boy on footpath in front of ours also became immobile , his gaze above him to the ball suspended still in the air.

Even the teardrop falling from the young mother's eye became still on her left cheek.

What is happening ?

Why everyone is frozen ?

I was confused .

Suddenly , the sky changed from  baby blue colour with white clouds , to purple black like a night , with tornado brewing and lightening flash , turning everything white for a second.

" CUPID , WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ? "
a deep booming voice roared from the black sky .

A shiver ran down my spine as I heard the anger in my father's voice , my feathers dropping by my side .

" I am sorry father ! But I don't understand..have I made a mistake ? "

I asked to the sky , frown on my face , I thought I did an extra good deed.

" LOOK CLOSELY AT THE MAN YOU SHOT."

I looked at the man in black hoodie .

Above his head was a black bubble with golden words waving lightly ,
' 24 year old , has done 2 murders
, destined to be single for life. '

I slapped hand on my face .

How did I miss that ?!

how could I be so foolish !

In the urgency of the moment , I missed this very important detail.

We never do this...

Never shoot a person with black bubble over their head .

This was my first lesson .

I sunk my head down .

Amor and Eros would surely laugh at me for this.

"What do I do now , father ? " I asked , slowly lifting up my head to look at the sky , grimacing.

" WHAT ELSE ? TAKE THE GRAY ARROW AND SHOOT THE MAN TO STOP THE SPELL . YOU ONLY HAVE 5 MINUTES . GO !" The sky roared.

Gray arrow ?
To make someone fall out of love , right..
Yes , I should use that now.

I looked at my quiver slung on my right shoulder .

But it only had pink arrows...

With sinking feeling in my stomach , I realised I hadn't taken the gray arrows while coming here.

I was in a big big trouble now.

Author's note -

Hello All , hope you like this chapter.

Next update on following  Tuesday.