7.

POV PAUL -

Now she is laughing at something her lanky coworker said .

Now she is cutting a slice of a rainbow coloured cake.

Now she is making a drink.

I am observing Cindy for about half an hour now  standing below the shade of this huge Norway Maple , the colour of this orange tree huge contrast to my all black outfit , black jeans , t-shirt , jacket and boots.

I am at a safe distance and safe angle to be spotted from her though.

Since the day she went out of my apartment , angry as if ready to kill someone , not that she can kill someone...I can tell , because I have killed .
It is not in her eyes , that empty look , which I see everyday in the mirror ..
No , her brown eyes are full of vigour , alive at every moment , showing all of her emotions to read to the person in front of her.
I wonder how she survived so far in this world with that innocence ?

Anyways since the last week , we haven't spoken to each other .
She pretends like I am a part of the walls when we are passing each other in corridor , just as I wanted .

Yet here I am , standing below this huge tree .
To look at her.

I am pretending to look at my phone if someone passes by to avoid looking like a creep continously staring at the cafe Sunshine .

Not that I care what others think about me , but I don't exactly am a white collered man , so the less I draw attention from people , the better it is .

Only exception being the druggies , those are my customers , they are always welcome to me.

I personally don't do the drugs , tried once but the high is not worth the shit it creates for you to deal with.

I much rather prefer to be in my senses.

But I don't judge those who thrive on that high , that momentary escape from the reality .
After all , they are the ones who help me feed my belly .
I enjoy my drags though.

I took a deep puff of my cigarette , my eyes closed.

" Hey lad , stop smoking ! "

I opened my eyes to look at a bald , pot bellied man in a horizontal striped shirt and capri pants looking at me , expressions of anger mixed with disgust .

" Mind your own business , oldie." I said leaning against the tree bark ,
Why don't these useless people leave me alone .

"I would have but I..I.. don't want to die by inhaling your cigarettes smoke . This is a public space , you know . " he said pushing his spectacles back on his nose and then placing hands on hips , trying to appear confident , but he looked clearly intimidated by me if the sweat on his forehead and slight shake of his hands was any indication.

" I don't care . What you are gonna do , fat oldie huh ?"
I said and went near him to exhale the smoke though my mouth directly on his face .

He furrowed his eyebrows , fists tight around his sides, looking at me with anger but said nothing .

I smirked.

Suddenly , a small girl in green floral frock came and said to him tugging at his shirt , " let's go daddy. " glaring at me.

He also glared at me , but started going away .

Coward , I laughed scoffingly .

As if he was any better than me .

People love to point out other's flaws , as if they are so golden themselves.

I again gazed at the sunshine Cafe , but Cindy wasn't there , only her lanky coworker was.

I furrowed my eyebrows ,where did she go ? I stubbed the cigarette out and crossed the street .

I went near the glass wall of the cafe , hands in my jeans pocket.

I scanned the inside of that small cafe,  my nose almost touching the glass .

Except her curly haired coworker , no one was there , not even a costumer.

She probably left.

Suddenly , I felt a slap on my back and heard, " what are you doing here , jerk ? "

With this sudden touch , I spinned and clutched wrist of the person tight in my hand .

When I looked at her face , " Cindy.. " I let go of her.

" Jeez ! You are not only arrogant but also weird.. . "
She said , rubbing her wrist which I had a hold on a second ago.

Not knowing what to do , I started going away.

" Hey Paul , stop! I know you were looking for me . . " She said running  to catch up with me and stood in front of me , a small smile on her lips.

She was carrying a brown purse over her shoulders , wearing a white plain dress reaching below her knees.

She looked pretty.

White suites her .

" I wasn't looking for you. I told you , you aren't my type. " I said , my arms crossed on my chest , looking down at her.

" Alright . " she sighed .
" Now that you are here , I will treat you to a pastry . My shift just got over."

" I don't want to ."

" But I want to. You may avoid me after this , please just this once . "
She said , looking at me expectantly with her eyebrows raised.

" Lets get this over with . " I said and turned , entering the door of the cafe .

Man , she is so persistent.

Author's note -

An early update 🤗

Next update on Friday.