3.

Pov Paul -

I looked at her brown eyes swelled with tears.

She was beaming at me though.

After all , I had saved her son...

But why am I feeling so good , adrenaline pumping in my veins , knowing that this brunette's smile is directed at me .

I scanned her .

Around 5 feet 2 inch , big brown eyes and straight brown hair in a ponytail , not a trace of a makeup on her face , big dimpled smile on her face . Even the dark circles below her eyes couldn't hide how beautiful her orbs were .

Pretty...

but not my usual type.

But then , there was something attractive about that face , that I couldn't pinpoint , which made me want to make this girl happy , to protect this girl from all the hardships of life.

This feeling was new to me .

hate , despise , anger , sadness , lust ..

I was very familiar with these ones .

I didn't know I had this instinct to protect something which wasn't me .

Suddenly the cigarette in my mouth started to feel embarrasing , so I threw it down and stubbed it with my black boot.

" Hi , I am Cindy . Thanks a lot for saving my son ! "
with a lump in her throat , she added ," I don't even want to imagine what would have happened to my Charlie if you wouldn't have been there."

Not much practice of being on receiving end of such gratitude , I just shrugged my shoulders and mumbled ,
" No problem."
right hand rubbing the back of my neck.

" I should probably get going ."
I added looking over her left shoulder.

For some reason , I was feeling shy and self conscious around her.

I started walking past her.

She gripped arm of my hoodie, " wait , what' s your name ?"

I stopped in my track and turned towards her .

She was still rocking her baby supporting him on right hand , which was now calm and looking at me with wide brown eyes just like his mother , saliva drooling slightly from right corner of his big pink lips , wetting his denim suspenders.

I felt a tinge of guilt that my first instinct was to ignore saving this little baby .

His mother tucked at arm of my hoodie .

I blinked and came back from my thoughts.

Should I tell her my real name or the made up one ..

" Um Mi..Paul ."

Staring at the duo was making me hard to lie.

" Oh Paul ." She nodded and said , " I work at a bakery in this lane , Sunshine bakers.
I would be glad if you come there , Mr. Paul. " She added with a smile , " I would love to treat you to something ."

Seeing his mother smile , the baby boy started smiling too.

" Oh , you are drooling , little man." She noticed it now , pulled out a handkerchief from her jeans pocket and started wiping his mouth .

I was watching them , my hands in pocket of my hoodie , warm feeling in my heart . It was strange.

" Sure. I would like to , some other day.." I said to her and started walking away from them , my steps quickening.

" See you later , Mr.Paul. " I heard her shouting behind me.

'See you never ' , I whispered under my breath.

Author's note -

An early update , because I couldn't wait.😁

Next update on following Wednesday.