to

"so you're telling me the bottle landed at you, both times?"

"yes, midoriya. do you listen when i talk to you, or are you just mindlessly repeating everything i say to me?"

"i'm listening," midoriya assured todoroki as he circled the room. "i was drunk, i didn't notice! okay, okay, let me get this straight... you take all the same classes, somehow both of you end up signing up for the additional classes, when no one else did. you see her by chance at the convenience store, and she vomited on your shoes because you happened to walk past?"

todoroki nodded. "you got the timeline wrong, but that's kind of correct."

"i didn't mean for it to be in order!" midoriya exclaimed, pulling todoroki down onto the couch next to him. "todoroki, how do you feel about y/n?"

"i..."

"you won plushies for her, you waltzed in the fucking rain—" midoriya cackled, "don't try telling me you don't... you know?" he took a sip of the tea that todoroki had prepared for him beforehand.

todoroki sighed, "i do like her."

and midoriya spit out all his drink, leaving todoroki's shirt stained. he narrowed his eyes at midoriya, who smiled back sheepishly, hands reaching for the tissue to clean it. however, todoroki stood up, saying, "i can just put it to wash."

midoriya covered his eyes as todoroki changed his clothes. "can you not do it so openly?" he yelped, "in front of me?"

"what? i don't mind. you're my best friend. besides, didn't you have a thing for—"

"ssshhh!"

todoroki smiled, shrugging. "i just thought—"

"so what are you going to do about it?" midoriya asked, "honestly, your story is pretty miraculous. sounds like fate to me. don't you think it's fate?"

"i don't know much about fate..." todoroki let his voice trail off, smiling at midoriya. "but i'll be happy if she's my fate."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"...roki! you're here!" y/n smiled at the boy standing in her doorway. "you can come in!"

he took off his shoes, slipping himself inside silently. the dishes were done, the floor—actually, everything was sparkling clean. it made todoroki slightly impressed, and he let it show on his face. the slightly raised eyebrows, the small smile tugging at his lips.

y/n smiled to herself. he's probably thinking i'm a neat person. i just rushed all of this in an hour because he was coming over—

"it's neat," todoroki commented. "do you have popcorn?" he asked, looking around and she nodded. "of course!" she pulled out a huge bucket, leaving todoroki gaping. "how much do you eat? why do you have such a huge stash?"

"my weekly movie marathon with denki. he says, enjoy yourself in your teenage years, so screw weight, eat however much you want." she beamed, her smile bright. "i love that motto!"

"of course you would..." he murmured to himself. "can i sit?"

"you don't even have to ask," she laughed, fetching popcorn and drinks to the small table in front of the television. before long, they were playing the movie, and y/n was throwing popcorn into her mouth every one minute.

it was kind of awkward, since y/n was used to shouting at the movies with denki.

"we should do something about that..." todoroki whispered suddenly, startling her as she reeled backwards. "sorry?" she asked, her face heating up when she realised how close his lips were to her ear. or, how close their bodies were in general. it looked like they unknowingly moved closer throughout the movie, considering they were an awkward metre apart when it started.

"your lip."

and he swiped his hand across her bottom lip, gently, removing a little bit of popcorn. "popcorn," he said, and threw it into the wastepaper basket next to the couch.

poof! there went y/n's heart.

and her face. she felt like it exploded from all the blushing.

"t-t..." she tried to talk, but ended up stammering and eventually decided on shutting up. the rest of the movie was quiet, as usual, but y/n couldn't actually hear anything above the noise of her thundering heartbeat.

especially since his hand crept over to hers under the blanket, thumb brushing against hers every once in a while.

it was worse than the horror movies. every brush was like a jumpscare, electrifying and sudden and too much for her heart to handle. it was much, much worse than the horror movie playing out, and for once she couldn't focus on her favourite movie, her mind far, far gone and her heart up in the moon.

and so, to calm her roaring heart, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze, embracing the touch, and out of the corner of her eye she saw him smile.