Chapter 8

Rohan

I saw Esha walking off from Gyan's home. I followed her. She was waving her hand for a taxi. I walked to her. "I will drop you home. It's late." I told her.

"Don't act like my guardian." She said and then ignored me.

"Hey, we need to talk. Are you really breaking up with me?"

"Didn't you get that yet?"

"Esha... Come on. Just for this problem...."

"You called me materialistic. And COLD if you remember."

"I am sorry," I said. "I just hate it when someone talks against Aditya. I get defensive for him automatically. And you know that."

"Then go date Aditya..." She snapped. And a taxi stopped when she waved her hand. She began to get in the taxi.

"I am not letting you go alone," I said pulling her hand. "This is Delhi, for god's sake."

I pulled her along with me, even when she protested, and led her to my bike. "Get on," I ordered. She did not.

"There is no need to talk to me if you do not want to. Just get on for now. Let me drop you home."

She didn't say anything after that and got on the bike. I drove her home. I felt bad about a lot of things I told her... Perhaps, Piyali does deserve a normal guy who can see her. A guy who does not have to ask his friend to describe her smile and see it for himself. I know that Esha is right.

But this might be the only chance for Aditya to ever get a love story. This might be his only chance to get the happiness of being with someone. And I want him to grab this chance. And I honestly don't care if Piyali deserves a better guy or something. I want her to be with Adi forever.

When I left Esha in front of her home, she got down and said, "Thanks," in a really formal way. That sort of stung. I remembered how we had kissed for the first time in front of her house. It was two years back. Then, I could not have even imagined getting angry with her. I would not have even imagined that we would not talk to each other for a week. Now...It does not feel like a big deal. It just feels normal to get angry with her and fight with her. More than the thrill there was at the start of the relationship, now she feels like family, and I am too much used to her.

"We will get back together when your anger cools down, okay," I told her.

"Without you even making any attempt for my anger to cool down?" She asked.

"I don't feel like it yet. I am angry with you as well."

"Great. Then that's settled right, let's break up."

"Why do you have to be cold like this?"

"You are again calling me cold."

"Well, you are bringing up break up and stuff between us. I don't want a breakup." I snapped.

She went silent.

"What?" I asked her.

"See...when all love cools down, people just fight. That's why I am worried for Piyali. When the love and sparks cool down between her and Adi...what will become of them?"

I had nothing to say.

"Just go home, Rohan. I don't want to talk to you right now." She said and went into her house.

I got on my bike and rode back.

Adi was waiting for me in front of my home. I stopped my bike and got down. "What's up? Why are you outside?" I asked him.