Chapter 1 ~Home

The dust was blowing around the whole area, everything unclear, yet without seeing, you could tell everything was in its place. The sky was still dark, but was quickly turning into a shade of purple golden with stars still showing. The windows were all closed shut, and no one but the soldiers were outside, waiting to engage in their cruel work.

They stood in their green suits marching around, ready at the Morning bell's notice to barge in every unit to pull the Workers out. The dust was going to calm down by Working Hour so everyone was preparing for the abuse to come and the pain that was awaiting.

These people lived in the city Archex, a country made of the ruins of millions of years ago Australia. From when the country prospered off farming and did fine in trade, to the cruel dictatorship that kept them fighting for life, Archex has been neutral to any war or conflict.

Out of all the wars, Archex has never tried to get into a fight and stand for their side. Archex has never participated in combat or any wars. War has never been on Archex's mind, meaning no weapons were ever used in this neutral country. Archex doesn't know how to handle this kind of fighting, and won't be the victor in this war.

Hundreds, thousands of people lived in Archex. Some have lived there for thousands of years, families producing other families, hundreds of generations. Family trees stretched and branched and the population grew enormously. Thousands of people lived and worked in Archex and they've lived and survived there for millions of years.

One of these people being Jarni Kemiya Cearie.

Jarni stood near the window, rocking herself back and forth singing a small hum. Her eyes watched the sun rise, unblinking and focused on the red and gold sky above. She pulled her velvet red and brown hair behind her ear and kept looking outside the window. She had a blanket rolled over her because of the cold temperatures in the night, but she would soon be burning under Archex's sun. She pulled the blanket off and walked to her mirror on a small corner of her room.

Jarni was an ordinary 15 year old girl. She lived in a unit with her grandfather, being the only person in her family with her. She was a extremely hard worker in physical and mental tasks. She had her strength and her stamina to thank. Jarni worked hard in taking care of her grandfather, working in the fields, and keeping her health up. Her parents died in a bombing accident when she was only a few months old, so she felt it was her duty to take care of everything.

She was a very smart girl with a kind heart, but she felt a loneliness inside of herself. She took on the responsibility of everything as a little girl, almost having no childhood. She had to learn how to take care of herself and others. Jarni was very kind and strong.

She was a dreamer, someone who took imaginations passed only her thoughts. She had dreams and ideas; the gift she wanted most was a way to make them reality. No one really knew Jarni; she had no friends. Her mind was enough to satisfy her, and her grandfather.

Jarni looked at herself closely in the small hanging oval mirror. She saw a fairly tall, strong girl with dark skin, full of scars from arms to knees. She was 15 years old, going on 16 in one month. Jarni had reddish brown hair that fell to her shoulders but it was a tangled nest of curls.

She liked to keep her hair in a bun high on her head with a rubber band away from her face. She had a camouflage shirt with no sleeves and long beige pants. Jarni pulled on her wind-breaker and went down the small crooked stair-case to the down stairs room.

She made it down the stair-case to the main room. There she saw her grandfather sitting at the table, smiling an old, warm smile. He sat at the table drinking a cup of tea that was supplied to each family once a week. He looked at her kindly and motioned her to sit down.