Chapter 3 ~Strangers

Someone grabs Jarni by her arms. They drag her, across the ground painfully, but seeming as if they are willing to protect her. When her eyes open, she sees she is being dragged towards the new neighbors' unit.

          She also sees the girls, who were chasing her, had stopped and retreated, but was also gazing at whoever is dragging her. She could not see the person herself though.

          She could tell that many people watched the person, as well as herself, being dragged. Eyes dug holes through her as everyone stared, whispered, and gossiped. Jarni was worried about where she was, but it was impossible to speak and ask the person.

           She shuts her eyes again and feels her head being pulled above a step, the step at the door of every unit. Her head hits it, and she groans.

         "Sorry" A deep, velvety voice whispers his first words to Jarni. He pulls her into the unit, the lights off, but a light shining through the windows. She was placed on the floor for a while, until a woman yelled at the person dragging her. He yelled back, and then grabbed Jarni like a child and took her up a flight of stairs.

        She then felt herself being lowered onto a surface, not a bed, but simply a blanket. She tasted blood on her tongue, probably from the hit she gave with the ground. Jarni moves her head to the side painfully while the stranger tries to make her comfortable.

        The boy pushed a rolled-up blanket behind her head. He pulled out a handkerchief and goes off. He comes back, the handkerchief wet, and places it on the bleeding wounds on Jarni's face. She finds the strength to open her mouth, and then she speaks,

          "How'd I get here? Who are you? Mister, where I am, I--" Jarni takes a first look at the boy taking care of her.
        He was very tall and thin boy, built with a few muscles. He had a head of short curly brown goldish hair, and a cowlick of curly hair pulled back to his head. The boy had a bit of facial hair; only a few stubs at his chin and above his upper lip. He had huge hazel eyes that gazed in awe at Jarni. They were inviting, and he kept these eyes focused on the girl lying there hurt. He had two thin lips that stayed a bit separated while inspecting Jarni for further injuries. His cheek bones were fairly round. And when he smiled slightly at Jarni, he revealed two dimples on each cheek.

         He was a strong brawny boy, well-built and a very handsome man. He was wearing no shirt, only a jacket made out of denim, (extremely hard to find), with its sleeves ripped off. He was wearing khaki- colored shorts that barely reached his knees. He was a fine specimen of a man, and his abs showed under his unbuttoned jacket.

        He tilted his head in front of Jarni, and she laid there almost unable to move. She closed her eyes once again and her mind began to drift off.

          The boy kept rubbing her face with the handkerchief to clean off the blood. Afterwards he found a little capsule and opened it, and he placed oil on Jarni's cuts. He was a good nurse, taking care of Jarni and healing her. She decided it would be best not to bother him, but to go to sleep...

            ****

           Jarni woke up and found herself half-naked, lying on the blanket on the floor. She also found herself able to move most of her muscles and it didn't hurt. Her jacket and shirt was gone, and so was her pants. She was only in a bra and panties, stripped of the rest of her clothes. She stared extremely scared and nervous, unknowing of what was going on.

           "I'm going to kill that boy. He's going to pay for whatever he did while I was asleep."

          Jarni looked at herself and she stood up. She was now able to stand and walk around. She suspected that that boy did something to heal most of her pains, and also healed her cuts. Jarni was amazed at the condition she was in.