Testing Abilities

Izuku returned to class 1A the next day alongside Iida and Uraraka. Their first heroics lesson was today, so they were all eager to get to class.

  A few minutes after their arrival, there was a flutter of movement at the window as it was pulled open from the outside.

  "Greetings little heroes. I'm going to be your general heroics teacher until a more suitable hero is found for the job. Get your costumes on and head out to ground Beta. We're doing some general ability training today." The number three hero said.

  __________________

  Hawks stood before class 1A. He looked over each of their costumes with an appraising eye.

  "All of your costumes are pretty good. Most of them seem functional, which is the whole point of them really. Alright, I'm sure each of you have different abilities, and certain things you're good at because of your quirks. We're just going to be showing them off to the class today, see where everybody's at, look for good combinations and such." Keigo said.

  He pointed at Izuku.

  "Green dude. What can you do?" He asked.

  Izuku stepped forwards, crouching down.

  "Catch me if you can Hawks." Izuku said cheekily, grinning at his bird brother.

  The hero spread his wings and jumped in sync with Izuku, the pair soaring into the sky together. Several of his classmates gasped and cheered as they rose higher into the sky above Ground Beta.

  "You didn't tell me you were teaching at UA!" Izuku complained.

  "I wanted it to be a surprise. Surprise!!" Keigo said. "Now, let's see what you can do Izuku!"

  The greenette needed no further encouragement, shooting off at an angle, arcing across the sky in a giant loop.

  The winged hero hovered in place, watching Izuku dart around him and pull impossible turns at incredible speeds. Keigo threw a couple of feathers at the younger boy, but they were swiftly dodged without a moment of thought.

  The hero lashed out, but was dodged and counterattacked in a single swift manuver.

  "Come on Izuku, let's get back down." He said.

  The hero tucked in his wings, and the student turned off his quirk. They both plummeted, building immense speed as they approached the ground.

  Izuku stuck out his elbows and wiggled them as they fell, making loud chicken noises. Keigo huffed, flapping his wings in one big gust, landing safely on the concrete.

  Izuku hit the concrete feet first. The ground splintered beneath his feet, cracks emminating from the point of impact, but the greenette was unharmed.

  He received cheers and applause from his classmates before Keigo selected the next hero in training.

  "Mr knight in shining armour! What can you do? No, the futuristic one, not the twinkly one. Yeah, the fast one. There you go."

  ______________

  Once everybody had shown off their various abilities Hawks stood before the class again.

  "Alright, how many of you know any martial arts?"

  About half the class raised their hands. Hawks split them up into pairs, one person who didn't know any fighting style being taught by someone who did.

  Izuku was paired up with Uraraka, who seemed eager to learn hand to hand.

  _______________

  "So. What are your thoughts?" Nezu asked.

  "He was pretty quiet up until I tried to tell him to give it his all during the ball throw. He barely used his quirk, and completely threw the last test, but still came out on top of the class by a significant margin." Aizawa said.

  "Did he show signs of a quirk we haven't seen before?" The rodent asked.

  Aizawa shook his head.

  "No, he stuck with Float to do each of the tests. I didn't see him use any strength or speed enhancers. He was also unpreterbed when I used Erasure on him. He caught my capture weapon with ease, and used his natural strength to pull me off balance. Even with Erasure... I don't know if I could beat him." He continued.

  Nezu hummed in thought.

  "Until we know what he is after it would be best to leave him. We can't risk anyone's safety until we know for sure he's planning something nefarious. For all we know he could just be observing the heroes of the future, or looking for powerful quirks." Nezu surmised.

  "Hawks is doing a skill check and basic hand to hand training today, and the class is doing a rescue excersise on Friday, so we'll be able to see just how powerful he really is." Aizawa said.

  "Whatever nefarious deeds he's planning, we will put a stop to them.." Nezu said solemnly.

_________________

  Izuku floated up without his quirk, his arms crossed and an unamused expression on his face. There was a big red mark on his cheek. Uraraka put her fingers together, blushing in embarrassment.

  "You surprised me, I didn't mean to do it!" She said earnestly.

  Izuku sighed, poking his throbbing face. Daigoro was guffawing, leaning on third for support, who was trying to keep his chuckles contained.

  "Well, at least it'll be effective against villains.. but technique training was this morning, oh martial one." Izuku said, landing gracefully on his toes.

  Iida sped towards them from the main building.

  "Uraraka!! Please do not use your quirk outside of training!!!" He hollered.

  Uraraka blushed again, hiding her face in her hands.

  Izuku had come up behind her after school, tapping her shoulder to ask if she wanted to walk with him and Iida.

  He had received a slap across the face and a judo throw that almost sent him into orbit.

  "D-do you want to walk to the station together?" She asked the two boys.

  "Well now I'm not going to." Izuku said, crossing his arms and pouting to the left.

  Iida waved his hands around in indignation.

  "Midoriya, you cannot refuse after being asked so politely! Why can you not? Have you fallen out with Uraraka? You should mend your friendship at once! We should all get along to ensure that our academic..."

  Izuku and Uraraka crept away as Iida spun on his heel, chopping his hands and yelling about road safety to the empty space they'd previously occupied.