# 2 (day 1)

"Here it is, REMS." I say. "I never learned what REMS stands for?" she asks. "I don't know," I respond, "but I'm sure we will learn in their hour long welcoming speech." "Dear sixth graders, it is our job to make sure you love school and have the best time. We know you will enjoy our school and be excited to learn all you can. Remember..." our new principal said while doing his annual hour long speech. About twenty minutes into I hear "now all of you that are into sports listen close." My head immediately perks up out of my day dream. "You will not be able to join a sport until next year, but keep in mind what you want to do because football players and football cheerleading tryouts are at the end of the year." I want to join cheerleading so badly, and then this news came. "One word of advice though, you have to maintain an A B average." That news hit me like a bullet. "A B?" I told Marrie "come on man you are an all A student!" she said trying to encourage me. "Not in MIDDLE SCHOOL!" I tell her. She face palms and says "stop worrying out of all our friends I will probably have the best grades" "what about Nathan." I say "ok maybe not the best, but definitely not the worst." She says in an annoyed tone. "Fine, fine, I will stop worrying "I tell her "good now listen!" she tells me.