7: Hoco Shopping and Rocker Outfits

After secretly visiting Harley and resting all day, Jamie and I decide to go clothes shopping for homecoming and our school play.

There is no theme for hoco, as it will be held at the school gymnasium. It will be great to watch as all of the couples sneak up to the bleachers to make out. Harley and I were planning to go as a couple, but I suppose that plan has changed.

"What happened between you and Harley? Why aren't you two talking right now?" Jamie asks, filling the silence between us.

While we are here, we are also buying our Rock of Ages outfits, our last high school musical. Rock of Ages is set in the 1980s on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood, so of course, we have to go all out. Neons, fishnets, ripped jeans, band tees, and leather jackets. I need four outfits.

One for the beginning of the show, another one right before intermission, one directly after intermission, and one for the final songs.

"We got into an argument... a pretty heavy, raw, human argument." I reply.

I'm thinking short skirt and a band tee for the first outfit. I can turn the band tee into a crop top. For the second outfit, I was thinking a leather jacket, bralette, and a very short skirt. For the third outfit, I was thinking maybe another bralette but I can bedazzle it and booty shorts with the crotch cut out. For the final outfit, I'm thinking maybe another band tee, a leather jacket, and another short skirt.

Jamie has it easy. He only needs one outfit. I suppose playing the infamous rock and roll sex God Stacee Jaxx has its perks.

"Wait a second," Jamie pauses and turns to face me. I hold up a gray tux, he shakes his head. "too dark. You and Harley argued over Everett?" Jamie asks, flicking through tuxes.

"Not entirely. Jamie, this stays between us. Chelsea cannot know, okay?" I ask. His eyes widen as he pretends to zip his lips shut and toss the key over his shoulder. "Harley and I... we... we slept together. He took it as we could do it again but it was a mistake!"

"Whoa! That's insane! Wait, this is what you two wanted from the beginning, how is that a mistake?" Jamie asks.

I hold up a navy blue tux. It could compliment the burgundy in Chelsea's dress. He shakes his head and moves to the other side of the rack.

"We can't go down that road. It never works out in the end and I love what we have now. Best friends aren't supposed to sleep together and want more. We both want more but..." I explain and pause to collect my thoughts. I love Harley. I wish we could be together but it wouldn't be a normal thing. "we wouldn't be able to have a normal, loving relationship. We could've when I was human and I didn't know about Harley."

"But what fun would that have been? He would've constantly run off to transition or hunt. What if your dad came after us? We would have to fight, or run, and in either case, he would lose you."

All of that currently happens. He hunts and hides from my dad. I constantly fight my parents but they can easily take us out in one fell swoop right now. He could lose me from something normal, like a car accident or frostbite or a gun shot... something completely out of my control.

He holds up a deep turquoise colored suit and smiles. I shake my head vigorously. No, no, no, no. Turquoise would not look good with his complexion.

"That was part of the argument too. I wanted a normal relationship, a normal life. Harley doubts himself because he can't give me that white picket fence, normal life. He knows Everett could." I explain.

"He hates Jake for screwing up your relationship, Cat. I'm sure you and Harley can find a middle ground for normalcy but don't worry about that now, we have to find our hoco outfits. Then, take the stairway to heaven to get our Rock of Ages outfits!"

I nod and help him pick out a tuxedo. He is going with Chelsea and she wants her dress to be a surprise. He only knows that the dress is burgundy. I think a nice black jacket and white button up with a burgundy tie would look nice.

He finds the exact red shade in a silk tie and walks to the fitting room, tie over his shoulder and tux draped over his arm. After a few minutes he steps out while fixing the sleeves.

"What do you think?" He asks, looking up from the sleeve.

"Ohhh handsome! Chelsea is going to love it!" 

I still need to find a dress. After Jamie finds a tux, he tags along and follows me to the dress section of Macy's. I flick through dresses and gaze upon a peach floor-length dress with a cinched sweetheart neckline and rhinestones along the left breast. I luckily find it in my size and rush to a fitting room.

"What do you think?" I ask, stepping out in the perfectly fitted dress. Jamie's jaw drops as he looks me up and down. "Jaw-dropping?"

He nods and replies,

"He's going to love it."

"Now onto our Rock of Ages outfits!"

The juniors section is probably the best place to find a graphic tee for the first act. I'm thinking an MTV or Guns N Roses shirt. Maybe AC/DC. I obviously need it to fit the aesthetic.

Jamie and I part ways so he can look for rocker outfits. For Jamie, I'm picturing leather pants, a bulky belt, and a tank top.

We have some freedom in our normal outfits. In my special performance in act two, that outfit is already planned out and set in stone. Jamie was given guidelines on Stacee's outfit. Ripped jeans, clunky belt, tank top, and a cowboy hat.

Chelsea and the others have free reign because they are supporting characters. Chelsea already said that she was going to pick something super slutty, I'm so excited to see what she picked. I'm also excited to see the look on Mrs. Kathy's face when she sees our outfits. We are going all out for our last musical!

Sorry this chapter is so short! Just wanted to check in and say hi! I recently saw Rock of Ages at my local dinner theater and absolutely loved it, I saw it twice! There is a movie based off of the musical, the only thing going for it was that Tom Cruise looked hot. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far, as I enjoy writing it!