Bokuto

Akaashi's pov

When Kuroo and I got to my place Shoya was waiting outside for us. "Where the hell have you been!" shouted Shoya as he was charging towards me. Kuroo stepped in front of me and towered over Shoya. Note that Kuroo is taller than Shoya. Shoya is about my height but a bit taller. "Don't lay a finger on him, you got that!" yelled Kuroo. Shoya eventually backed away from Kuroo knowing he wasn't going to get anywhere near me while he was there. "Akaashi.. I'm leaving you," those four words tore me apart. "Fine then! Go get your stuff out of my apartment!"

Shoya eventually stormed off to MY apartment to pack up his stuff. "You did the right thing Keiji," said Kuroo. "Thanks for coming with me." I walked to my apartment and saw Shoya packing. He looked up for a second and gave me a glare before he was finished and left. This empty feeling in my chest started to grow. "You can stay at our house for a bit if you want to Keiji," said Kuroo. "Ok."

The next day around 1:00, Kuroo, Kenma and I left to go to the MSBY volleyball game. Even though I went through a break up I wanted to go for something to get my mind off all of this.

The MSBY team entered the building and as soon as I saw him my eyes were fixated on him. I saw Bokuto... now all I could think about was that Bokuto was there and I had this bad feeling in my stomach. I feel like I betrayed Bokuto by sort of abandoning him and replacing him with someone else. We have been best friends since High School.

Bokuto's POV

Throughout the whole game my mind was focused on Akaashi. I couldn't believe he was here, I thought he disappeared. I hope he still remembers me. "Hey Bokuto-san! We won the game!" exclaimed Hinata as he was jumping up and down (as usual). I looked up at the bleachers where Akaashi was and he was gone but I did see Kuroo talking to Kenma. I quickly ran over after thanking the other team for the game. "HEY HEY HEY!! Kuroo!" Kuroo turned around and his face lit up instantly. "Oh my god Bokuto! How have you been? We haven't been able to talk in forever," said Kuroo. "Yeah I know! I broke my phone a while ago and got a new one but I couldn't get back in touch with you guys because I got really busy." I was about to say something else when I saw Akaashi walking back towards us. "AKAASHI!!!!" I ran over to him and gave him a big hug like he was going to disappear at any moment. I pulled away from the hug a bit to see Akaashi was crying. "Hey what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" Akaashi shook his head and hugged me tighter. "I really missed you Bokuto-san," said Akaashi. "Me too,".

I was about to say something when I saw a man walking towards us with a very angry expression on his face. "Keiji you cheating bastard!" yelled the other man. I signaled Kuroo to come over and he did. "Back off!" Kuroo yelled while shielding Akaashi. Who is he? Is he an old friend? "I'm just here to talk to Akaashi so how about you back off!" yelled the other person back to Kuroo. "What do you want, Shoya?" asked Akaashi trying to sound calm but his voice was shaking a bit. Shoya pushes past Kuroo and tries to grab Akaashi's arm then, all I could see was Atsumu pushing Shoya back while screaming at him to leave or else. I looked back at Akaashi and I could see that he was really anxious. It was because he was fiddling with his hands while looking at the floor. "Come on Akaashi, let's get away from here," Akaashi followed me away from the commotion while looking at the ground.

When we got out of the room I looked at Akaashi who was focused on fiddling with my fingers. "Who was that Akaashi?" Akaashi looked up at me looking like he was about to cry. "I uh.. he's.. he was my boyfriend.... but we broke up a few hours before this. I'm sorry.. Bokuto-San," said Akaashi with an ashamed look on his face. "Why are you apologizing?" I asked Akaashi while holding his hands in mine. "I just feel like I replaced you.." said Akaashi. Kuroo and Kenma came out of the other room and joined us. "Keiji are you alright?" asked Kuroo. He calls him by his first name? "I don't know," said Akaashi, looking at the floor avoiding eye contact. "You don't have to tell us right now if you don't feel comfortable saying it here," said Kenma. I'm glad that Akaashi had Kuroo and Kenma by his side during the time we were apart. "So Bokuto, what are you doing after this?" asked Kuroo. "Well nothing really. Today is the only day in my week I don't practice volleyball," I say to Kuroo. "How about we all go somewhere," Kuroo suggested to all of us. "I don't know," said Akaashi. "Why is that?" Kuroo asked Akaashi. "I need to get back to my apartment and finish up a project I started yesterday," said Akaashi looking at the time on his phone. "That's ok," said Kuroo. After that we exchanged numbers so we could stay in contact with each other we parted our own ways.