PART 3: On the Run

They reach the Crimson Waste, kicking up sand as they land. "This would be fun if we weren't on the run from Horde soldiers," Netossa admits, whistling at the vast desert before them. "We should find a place to lay low and rest.." Spinny says, yawning, as it was almost midnight. "Sounds good to me," Netossa says, spotting the remnants of an old Horde skiff. "Let's go there...with the emblem, they won't think to look for us in that." "Good idea Netossa.." Spinny and Netossa go onto the skiff, and Spinny curls up, tired. Netossa casts a few nets as they go deeper into the safety of the skiff. "We should be ok to wait this out until morning." Netossa curls up next to her. "Sorry I can't make it lighter in here this time." Spinny yawns. "It's ok.. it isn't as scary with you here..." she says, sleepily. Netossa thinks back to the stories Lance told her of the constellations, picturing the shape of what he called 'stars'. She painstakingly creates small strands of her net, forming them into small circles of light, decorating the inside of the skiff wall with them. I can do this, at least, she thinks, before she starts to doze off.

Spinny wakes up late, next morning, only because Netossa made her. "C'mon netossa, five more minutes..." Netossa panics. "I heard a skiff nearby," Netossa warns, trying to shake her awake. "We have to go, now!" That gets her up real quick. "Alright, lets go!" She takes them up, and back to Brightmoon.

"Good thing your wind hid us with the sand it kicked up!" Netossa laughs, giving her an exuberant hug. Spinny blushes, hesitant for a moment, hugging her back. Spinnerella's mom clears her throat. "You're in big trouble, young lady." She says, mad. Netossa puts herself between them. "Wait, it wasn't her idea." She looks at you, only getting madder. "And who are you?" She says with a scoff. "Netossa," she answers, pointing to herself. "We saw a Horde symbol in Plumeria and had to run...We didn't want to risk being tracked back here to the Rebellion either." "Spinny here kicked up quite a sandstorm, so we lost whoever was pursuing us." Netossa says, getting closer to her mother. "So you should be thanking her instead." "PLUMERIA!? What the hell were you doing in Plumeria!? Netossa, your mother will be hearing about this." She says, grabbing Spinny's arm and walking away angrily. Netossa tries to give her a reassuring smile, before rushing off to tell her parents what happened. Better to hear it from her rather than Spinny's mother.