PART 4: Broken

Spinny's mom was furious, she yelled at her for over an hour. "I can't believe you not only snuck off to Plumeria, but entered a horde base, running to the crimson waste!? You are such a Fucking idiot! Why can't you be a proper princess like Mermista!?" She screamed at Spinny. She was crying, although she should be used to it. "You're grounded for a month, and you won't be seeing that Netossa girl again, either! If she comes up to you, you walk away, got it?!" Spinny ran up to her room, crying.

The next day, Spinnerella hid her feelings when she saw Netossa. "So, how'd it go with your mom?" Netossa rubs her neck uncomfortably. "Well I'm grounded, got the 'proper princess' speech, and she says I cant see you anymore, cause you're a 'bad influence', along with the rest of my friends. As you can see, I ignored all of those." She says, sighing. "What about yours?" Netossa shrugged "Mine were pretty understanding by comparison." Netossa shrugs, sighing. "They weren't thrilled about the Plumeria visit, but they were relieved we both got out safely, and made a friend." She pauses, uncertainty clouding her features. "We are friends, right?"
Spinny snickers "Lucky. I wish I had your parents." She said, smiling. "We are definitely friends, if you're ok with that.." "I'm sure they could see you as family," Netossa grins, looping her arm through Spinny's. "Family doesn't have to be related to be important to each other, after all."
Spinny panics "You told them about me...? Oh god they must hate me! Did they ban you from seeing me too...?" Netossa becomes confused. "Why would they hate you for hanging out with me?" Netossa looks at her, appalled. "No, they didn't ban me from seeing you. Even if they did, that wouldn't stop me." Spinny looked at the ground "Cause every one of my friends parents my mom has talked to, they banned them from seeing me..." she seems confused. "My mom did talk to your parents right?" Netossa snickers "Oh, their discussion was very... short," Netossa answers, winking. "That's why I ran off so quickly to tell them what happened, myself. I knew she might embellish or add her own 'spin' to things." Spinny giggles at her pun. "That's probably why I was banned from seeing you, my mom probably doesn't like your parents either-"

 "That's okay, my parent's say the feeling's mutual," she laughs, smiling broadly at her new companion. "So what should we do today? My mom isn't home as usual" spinny says with a grin. "Want to explore the Whispering Woods?" Netossa suggests. "Sure! Lets go!" Spinnerella says, taking her up in a wind gust to the Whispering woods.
"Figured we shouldn't risk venturing too far this time around," Netossa explains as they land. "Wouldn't want to get you in TOO much trouble." Spinny snickers. "True, although even this would make her mad, you can guess why" she says starting to climb a tree, climbing quickly, higher than was probably safe. "Hey, be careful," Netossa calls out, realizing how far off the ground she is. "Ill be fine Netossa, if I fall I'll just break my fall with a wind gu-" she says, missing a branch and falling, breaking her ankle. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea..." Netossa rushes to her, examining her ankle. "Looks like it might be broken." She uses one of her nets to wrap her ankle, before helping her up. "Lean on my shoulder." She winces, in extreme pain. "You won't tell my mom, will you?" She seems to fear her mom so much that she'd rather stay in pain than tell her. "You can tell your mom that we got in a fight, and you broke your ankle by kicking me." Netossa gives a mischievous grin. "Then we can meet in secret and she'll stop bothering you." Spinny thought for a moment then said "Ok..." that logic worked well in her head but when applied- "I told you to walk away if she comes to you! You're grounded for another month!" Her mother says, slapping her. Spinny goes to her room, crying. Netossa sneaks away, climbing up to Spinny's locked window. She draws stars on her window, hoping she'll notice them at night.