Indirect Kisses and Poison

Morning came with the soft scent of jasmine tea and the savory aroma of meat stuffed buns.

The ghost woke up to see the Scorpion King whispering to a few servants as he organized things on a platter.

"I don't know if she'll like jasmine... it may be too floral." He murmured. "Have another pot of something more aromatic on standby."

"L-Like what?"

"Ginger....cinnamon...anything of the sort." He frowned as he forced himself to explain.

"W-We don't have any..."

"Then find some."

The servant flinched before nodding.

"Don't harass your servants over something so mundane."

They both jumped and looked to the ghost carefully sitting up.

The servant nodded as Xie waved her off before quickly hurrying away.

A coy smile dawned the pale man's lips as he slowly approached his hostage with a pep in his step.

"Good morning Li'er."

"There isn't anything good about this morning."

"You're awake, no?"

"I consider that fate."

He hummed as he sat down next to her and set the platter down on the space between them. "That's poetic Li'er." 

"It's reality."

A small smile decorated his lips as he lifted up a steamed bun for her to try. "Try this."

"What is it?"

"Baozi." He looked down at the steamed buns. "I had a variety of stuffings prepared for each bun." He looked back up at the ghost. "I wasn't sure if you liked roasted pork, stewed beef, spiced chicken, or savory vegetables. So, I had all of them made."

"It sounds like you overworked your servants

"It sounds like you overworked your servants."

He shrugged. "They wouldn't dare to tell me no either way."

"Do you hassle them this much for your own breakfast?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I rarely eat breakfast or sit down to eat large meals." He scoffed. "This is probably the most they've cooked in a long time, unless one of my assassins requested something special on their own accord for themselves."

"What do you eat then?"

"Mm." Xie lowered his hand and frowned at the question. "I eat small meals when I need to and snack on dried fruits and nuts when I'm bored."

"So, you didn't eat this morning?"

"I wasn't hungry."

The Ten Thousand Scar Ghost shook her head with disappointment before wrinkling her nose as the Scorpion King shoved the bun back in her face.