Chapter 6

Halloween had arrived, and during the course of the days, there was not a single one where Billie did not visit me. She was a sweetheart, and I was even starting to get fond of her.

It was 11:58 p.m., impatiently I was swinging my feet that were dangling from the kitchen counter where I was sitting.

I heard the doorbell of the house and ran to open the door, I found Billie. She had kept her promise to arrive exactly at midnight.

I hugged her in greeting and invited her to go into the kitchen, not wanting to stop staring at the clock for a single second.

"Are you ready for today?" She asked me, breaking the silence.

"Very much, are you planning to tell me what we will do?" I inquired.

"No, I don't intend to say a single word about it." She refused.

00:00 a.m.

Billie took my hand and we both ran out of the house, and I finally felt how free I was, at least for a day, and I trusted that she would make it worth.

She led me to her car, which was a modern Audi that looked like new, she was a gentlewoman and opened the door for me.

"Are you ready?" She asked. To which I nodded.

She drove for a long time, until the city and the noise began to end.

She stopped in a small forest, and after climbing a bit, we were with the whole city at our feet. It was beautiful.

"So, you plan to kill me... again?" I joked, sitting on the edge, noticing that we were cut off from any kind of society in a small forest.

What would happen if I jumped? Would I appear in the house again or would I revive as if nothing had happened? I was not going to find out, I wanted to take advantage of every second with Billie.

"It's kind of cliché of me to take you to this kind of place, you probably expected more or..."

"It's perfect!" I interrupted her, turning my gaze to her for a moment. And she looked beautiful with only the moonlight illuminating her beautiful face. "To be honest, you could take me to the most boring place and you could bet all you want that I am going to enjoy it. You are great company."

Billie smiled from ear to ear.

"You are also a great company." She answered me, sitting down next to me. "We will do more things but obviously everything is closed, for the moment, I wanted to take you because since I was fifteen years old, I come to this place to just take a break."

And I don't know why I did what I did, but slowly I laid my head on her shoulder, she allowed it, in fact, she laid her head on mine.

I appreciated the fact that she shared that with me, that she took the opportunity to show me one of her favorite places, and I genuinely hoped that she would let me know more.

"I appreciate it, Billie." I just snapped, and she took my hand as we watched the lights, felt the air caressing us, it was all amazing.

After fifteen minutes, one hour, ten hours, I don't care... Billie got up and gave me my hand to help me up, we headed to the car again.

We were walking around the park, some establishments were open, so we decided to buy cotton candy and talk about everything a bit.

It ended up being three in the morning, and I could catch Billie yawning every so often, but when I saw that it was too many times, I decided to speak.

"Do you want to get some sleep?" I asked her, watching her slightly watery eyes.

"No, I'm not sleepy and I promised you that we were going to take advantage of the whole day." She refused.

I rolled my eyes.

"We have done it, these last three hours have been everything and we have enough time." I insisted. "I appreciate your effort, but I need you to have energy."

"Okay, let's go to my house." She agreed.

HER HOUSE?!?!