CHAPTER 1 : Disturbing news

In the morning in Class C there is a unusual view. A circle seems to be forming around that girl, Karuizawa Kei and the girls who make up the circle seemed excited until cause a commotion.

"You're a little late for school today, Ayanokouji-kun."

Due to the remaining five minutes before the bell rings, my neighbor Horikita Suzune interrupted with that.

"I dozed off."

Looking bored, Horikita sighed. Then She keep talking.

"You seem to be on good terms with Hirata-kun and Karuizawa-san. You know, don't you?"

"There's no way I would know. This is their private matter. After all I'm just talking casually like a friend with Hirata, and I'm not that close with Karuizawa either "

Horikita is someone other than Hirata who knows about my strange relationship with Karuizawa. But just like Hirata, Horikita only knows to a certain extent. she doesn't know how close we're and How far apart we are now.

"So Who dumped whom?"

I asked Horikita to confirm something further

"From what I heard, Karuizawa-san did it"

Well, good scenario. She did well without even consulting me.

"Ehh, eh? Why did you break up with him when you don't have a new boyfriend yet, Karuizawa-san!"

wait, isn't the correct sequence is, break up first, then find a new boyfriend?

the girls around Karuizawa asked her enthusiastically. It was clearly written on their faces that they were overjoyed at this.

yeah. It's not my right to speak, especially Karuizawa's matter. if she really hates me and doesn't want to be involved with me anymore, then I'll respect that.

"What do you think Ayanokouji?"

"about what?"

"Of course about Karuizawa, don't you have a chance now?"

"What chance? I have no interest here"

sudou who appeared between me and Horikita out of nowhere, said something confusing. why did he mention Karuizawa's name to me? I'm pretty sure he doesn't know anything about us.

"Don't pretend, I know you have a crush on Karuizawa, right? I often see you sneaking glances at her."

I see, well I can't help if he misunderstood. but I have to change the topic before it gets any further.

"you misunderstood, anyway how do you know? do you often see here?"

"Ehhh?"

"That's because Sudou-kun is also secretly glancing at me a lot"

Horikita joined the conversation as expected.

"What? Do you know I did it, Suzune?"

"Yes, and it's really annoying"

"Damn, it's very painful suzune"

I managed to get out of the awkward situation, but........it was only for a moment.

"but seriously ayanokouji. If you like her, approach her now before it's too late."

"I told you I don't like Karuizawa. And why do you want me to be with her?"

"It's because I will feel safe, right Suzune?"

"what are you talking about sudou-kun?"

"Nothing"